my enclosure that i am building

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i could make u 1 for about $80 thas the wood glass and latches and stuff but i live in qld so i carnt

light fittings only cost about $2 frm mitre 10 the thermostat cost me $60 off trading post the material cost me a dozen of vb frm ma next door neighbour (he has a mill) and the glas i found lying in the garage and still got a bit left

just go out and buy a cheep 3ft tank then just cut the seals and use the 2 3ft pecies as the 2 sliding doors at the front well thats if u are making sliding doors at the front

it looks good, wish i could make one but don't even have the tools and any idea of how. I would love to make one for my bredli (for when he's bigger) just to have the satisfaction of doing it myself. What wood is that your using? Are you going to paint it? Anyway Great job u must be proud.
Pav

Warp81 i go to a slavage yard/demolition place and you can get glass and melamine sheets cheap. I pay $20 for a 2400 x 1200 sheet of melamine and $3 for each sheet of glass(i buy 2 for sliding glass doors) and you build to fit. Cheap.

im useind marine ply bdnt no if im going to paint it yet still deciding ae

Enclosure

makin ur own is way more cost effective, im jus bout to build a 6ft ;3ft;3ft all up it will cost me bout 200 wit everythin. if you no of a place that can sell me somethin that size please pm me

I couldn't even build a melamine enclosure for that.:(

U made that whole thing out of marine ply ?? *** ?? U hav 2 be joking. U must mean that u did MDF then veneered it with marine ply! Was it scrap ? If not the materials wldve cost u a fortune! 2mm marine costs a fortune!

Btw, wat sort of joins u got ? Wld u mind posting a bit of a blueprint ? Might make one myself.

mfd? and it's 10mm and my next door neighbour has heaps and he has his own mill so it dosnt cost me much

Wow, lucky u. MDF's lyk chipboard, is cheapest stuff u can get pretty much. Cld u post a blueprint ?

heres the orignal blue prints

2x500wx4ftl top and bottem part
1x440wx4ft back
1xtreated pine 30wX4ftL then cut in half the run it through a table top saw at 10mm from centre at both sides with a 8mm cut

Wat did u use the treated pine for ? I hope nowhere that the herps will touch, seeing as it does have ****nic in it!

ARG, i sed a-r-s-e-nic. IT'S AN ELEMENT PEOPLE! DON'T CENSOR THE ELEMENTS!!!

Btw, wat sort of joins did u use ? Dowels ?

i no wot a-r-s-e nic is i used it for the sliding doors so they wont touch it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back