My first Bredli, with pictures.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KierenTavener12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thought I'd posts some pics of my little one. Had her for a few days now and she's settling in nicely. Still a little snappy but considering she's had a feed for me I'm happy. (Would rather her eating than me be able to handle and get her out all the time.)

I thought personally she's a bit small for her age approximately just over 1year. but after reading a bit on here. And being a Bredli I'm sure in no time she'll be too big for her click clack and can go in her large enclosure. (Up until now she's been in a small lunch box sized tub. 1-1.5litre.)

She's been on pinkys and on fortnightly feeds until recently she was put on weekly feeds and on fuzzie mice. Though I think she could even go a little bigger than them, as she had no lump or difficulty with the pinky. (Ive only gave her a pinky as it was the last one in the pack so no point in wasting it.) anyways here's some pictures. Hope you like her just as much as I do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 208
Very nice. Unless you've already bought them don't worry about fuzzy mice. Go straight to fuzzy, or velvet, rats. A python that size will get one down easily.

Not sure how they would compare, but my 7 month old Woma (under 2 feet) easily eats fuzzy rats/large mice.
im pretty sure you'll be fine with going straight to a much larger food item.

my stimson is about 10 months and he eats hopper mouse. so as the above have mentioned up the food size. if you have purchased fuzzys try feeding more often

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. I have only 2-3 fuzzy mice and I didn't pay for them they came with her. I'm gonna go and get a few fuzzy rats. The mice ones I have are just a fraction bigger than the pinky. I'll give her one of the big ones I have on her next feed and see how big a lump she has, and in general how she goes.

If she's been fed mice, that would account for her size. Get her onto the rats, and watch her grow.

My pet shop sold out of fuzzy rats. And while I could've gone to the reptile shop it's a bit out of my way. I got instead the largest pinkie rats they had and a bag of weaner mice.

tried her on the weaner mouse and at first she struggled as she took it on an angle but few minutes later she was half way down. It's left a nice lump in her so I'm happy and she's quite content with a full tummy on her warm spot. Cheers guys for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back