My first levis!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i have gathered about them as a species, they are from the desert (am i right there ?) in the desert, there is sun (i think) so in theory, some sunlight cannot be bad for them, obviously not full sun, but some is surely better than none ...

as with beardies as well apparently, taking them in the sun occasionally will bring out their colours (although that isn't really important)
They are nocturnal......

in my defence, i do have a clue ... i have given my knobbies occasional sunlight for the last 3 years, and they are plump, happy and healthy

in my defence, i do have a clue ... i have given my knobbies occasional sunlight for the last 3 years, and they are plump, happy and healthy
Please anyone who is reading this dont pay any attention, Levis do not require sunlight and your more likely to do them harm than good

from what i have gathered about them as a species, they are from the desert (am i right there ?) in the desert, there is sun (i think) so in theory, some sunlight cannot be bad for them, obviously not full sun, but some is surely better than none ...

as with beardies as well apparently, taking them in the sun occasionally will bring out their colours (although that isn't really important)

Theres also water in the desert, i better take my geckos out the back occasionally and let them have a swim in the pond.....it might improve their colours.

Ignore this poster, hes obviously clueless.

geckos have no eyelids people so direct sunlight is definantly a NO NO !

Liasis..... yes they do in fact come from the desert.... but they are also NOCTURNAL. Seeking shelter from the sun during daylight hours in burrows in the sand. Nice cool burrows where the humidity is just right. NOT sunlight.

Your poor geckos are subjected to frequent terror in the sun? Poor little things........

Hey guys, very humerous thread... but a serious question. everyone seems to feed their gex crickets, why not roaches? as i understand it they have quite a higher nutritional value than crickets so why not. or do they generaly just not go for it?

i feed both crickets are easier for underweight animals to catch as they stay on the ground level

Hey guys, very humerous thread... but a serious question. everyone seems to feed their gex crickets, why not roaches? as i understand it they have quite a higher nutritional value than crickets so why not. or do they generaly just not go for it?

I tried the roaches, mine didn't take to them very well. Mine are fussy lol. Also, no matter how hard i tried i had escapees, which did not amuse the housemates lol

ah, k thanks guys. thought as much.
Jay84 - Hahaha i know what you mean. i have had a few escapees over the years and well... lets just say after my fiance found a woodie sitting on a towel she was about to wrap her hair up in... well she wasn't too happy! I have since mastered the art!

Hahahahaha..... i can't take the risk of another one being found lol

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks all for your responces and posts.
I changed the sand I was using from a white/yellow to a more course red. Being more dense, they were more inclined to dig and attempt to make a burrow. I have placed 2 terracotta (spelling) dishes in and they have become the most common place to find them. (one in the heated side, one in the cooler side).
Both are eating and eating well. 6-8 baby crickets/night. putting them in at 9pm and checking in the morning when I go to work. If all gone, I put in an extra 2-3. (Normally around 5-6am).
Heat is basically at a constant 32, 1 - 2 degree variency but thats it.
I have left the small water dish in as one of them has a habit of drinking from it and looked a little lost when I took it out. Heat rock has gone, but the magnetic hide I have kept as one of the little guys enjoys running in and eat whatever crickets are trying to hide as an early morning snack as the second continues to run laps. Was my birthday yesterday and the best present was seeing both of them and their tails wagging (still not sure as to why their "knob tail" wags like a worm at the end of a hook) but it's the cutest thing.

nice to hear they are going good now, you listened to everyone advice
and did a good job:lol:
hope all goes well with them in the future.:)

Hey Richs,

That is great news! It really sounds like they are doing well. They should show a drastic increase in weight and condition over the following week!

Their little tails wagging is gorgeous. They get so excited and it seems they just can't control it lol. Feeding times and mating they just go crazy.

Oh... and happy birthday for yesterday!

Cheers much :)
The kids are digging and exploring every cm of their home at the moment.
As of late, they enjoy playing "king of the mine" every night. (1 of the terracotta dishes are sticking out from a dirt mound, looks like a mine, they climb it and its kinda like a dash to see who can get the highest, normally happens just before nightfall).

great to hear they are doing well now. hope they keep it up for you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back