Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

I got what you mean now TB, its only if someone chooses to use voids when they are able to use venomous snakes that they are comepent, but if they need to do it then they are incompetent. I got it now im just a bit slow.

No, wrong again cris. imo anyone who "chooses" to use voids shows "definite" signs of incompetence.
Any competent keeper/handler would never consider doing this no matter what the reason maybe.
In my eyes there is no way at all that a competent keeper/handler could ever justify this.

OK i dont understand you, i think i just forget about it now :)

ts OK for ppl to do this to their own animals if they want too, Its up to the idividual how they treat their animals IMO.
As i said earlier i dont want to get in an arguement so im not going to give any more of a responce than that.

That isn't true Cris, there is laws that stop people treating their animals badly, just read the animal cruelty act. And there is a law AGAINST PEOPLE WHO OPERATE ANIMALS WITHOUT A LICENSE....simple, what he does is against the law.

J&C it's good you try and put a different perspective across, i have in the past enjoyed reading your arguments....but accusing people on here of slander is very ironic coming from you :lol:

Hehehe I've only read page one and already this thread seems to be going along so smoothly :lol: I wonder why???? 8)

ps: Voids are wrong! :wink: Can't handle em with it, don't get em!

im with you TrueBlue. People love hyper-reality experiences thats why so many people go to disneyland and fun parks-its al so scary but safe. Having venom glands removed is sending a wrong message.

how tha hell does any of this happen to do with me handling a venomous or non venomous, i mean on the first page i gto sum guy tellin us hes eatin popcorn?!?!! who carez?!?!?! this is a herpetology website not a food website man wat a bad mistake it was to open up this thread thankyou for the ppl that actually talked bout the snake and the diamo fair and yes it was an excellent setup and he was handling adders n taipans lyk they were just junk from the street well seeya,tebzzzzzzzz

Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

TrueBlue said:
:roll: , ANYBODY who would consider to do this for any reason is in my opinion incometent. If you cannot handle an animal the way it is, dont do it, simple. They, JandC and yourself can cry all you want about how it can be justified but if you are truley into the animals for what they are,(not want you want them to be), there is no way in hell you can justifiy it.
Now it seems the excuse is for profit, :roll: , another pathetic excuse for incompetence.
Here we go folks, lets rip the venom glands out of our snakes so we can make more money. :shock: :roll:
Now that is pathetic and incompetent.
I have not once tried to justify what he does. I have never condoned his actions nor have I applauded them. AGAIN I have simply stated that the accusations & slander (many of which are false such as gluing mouth shut & implying he only works with modified Elapids) should not persist in these threads. I guess I was expecting too much from you guys.

Nome said:
J&C it's good you try and put a different perspective across, i have in the past enjoyed reading your arguments....but accusing people on here of slander is very ironic coming from you :lol:
The irony is insinuating I have slandered people. Go through every post on here I have never attacked anybody. Whats more ironic is the fact that I am being set upon for asking others not to slander. Who figures.

dugadugabowbow said:
It still amazes me that people bother to argue with J and C, it's obvious he just trying to have an arguement, why bother wasting your time with him, your not going to change his mind.

Every thread where there has been a pretty one sided feeling he jumps in and stirs people, people don't waste your time on him.................thats my opinion just as valid as anyone. :lol:
I am not trying to have an argument at all, again I will say go re-read my posts. I asked the community to keep it civil and not start another crusade against Ray or venomoids. My fault I shouldn't of expected too much. And you now think you have the right to ask people to not speak to me and label me an arguement seeker because I do not agree 100% with your thoughts? Sorry duga this is a public forum not a concentration camp. You can't dictate my opinions.

snakes4me2 said:
Thats fair enough, i can understand not wanting to argue. I will try for TB to explain it.

By incopmetent he means if you arent game enough to handle a venomous snake then dont.
Dont devenomise them so you can say "hey im cool i got a venomous snake" thats not even venomous.

I would love a tiapan but would only have it with venom, its the way the snake is
But you miss the fact that HE DOES OWN and DOES HANDLE non modified Elapids that are very much venomous. Can you point us to any facts that show Ray does the operation for machoism? You clearly stated above "Dont devenomise them so you can say "hey im cool i got a venomous snake" thats not even venomous".

I don't see why having a differing opinion or not agreeing with the majority labels me a trouble maker looking for an argument. It's a real shame that you guys feel every1 has to agree with you (hence I said drumming it into peoples heads). Pretty obvious that if somebody dosn't agree they must be looking for an argument in your opinion.

Anyway as I have already said anything further to say or direct at me can be posted to my PM as the owners/moderators would like the arguing to stop. So this incompetent venomoid loving arguement seeking trouble maker would prefer to discuss it there if you like so I am not labelled anything else for not sharing the entire communities opinion. So lets make it clear, I will not be responding or replying here. If you have something to say shoot me a PM.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

I believe that handing 4 year olds snakes that could potentially kill them (if they picked one up in real life) is a stupid and irresponsible practice.

Young children don't understand the premise 'here hold this snake, it won't hurt you, but if you see one in the bush- don't pick it up- it will kill you'. Kids will see a snake...think ooohhh thats like the one I held...and BAM!! snakebite.
Real smart.
That and the fact what he (and anyone else who devenoms snakes) is currently illegal is why I'm against them doing what they're doing.

And to whoever said 'he can do what he likes they're HIS snakes' needs to grab their licence real quick and tear it up. If you don't know that there are RULES and LAWS that we as humans live by, then you need to either do some research on CRUELTY laws, or get rid of any animals you own. And don't ever have kids....'Let's give Tommy a piercing.....you want a prince albert son? No problem- lay down on that bench there, I'll grab the hammer and some duct tape to hold you down. Want a shot of whiskey? This is gonna hurt a little....'
I'm allowed to do that coz you're MY SON....

Yeah that'll fly in court.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

AntaresiaLady said:
That and the fact what he (and anyone else who devenoms snakes) is currently illegal is why I'm against them doing what they're doing.

And to whoever said 'he can do what he likes they're HIS snakes' needs to grab their licence real quick and tear it up. If you don't know that there are RULES and LAWS that we as humans live by, then you need to either do some research on CRUELTY laws, or get rid of any animals you own.

The law actually promotes voids in snake shows and public displays, thats why Ray has virtually been given a green light IMO. Voiding isnt illegal at all the on thing in question(legally) is the procedure and who caried it out.

The comment i made about ppl being able to void their own animals as being their own choice was in relation to ppl in general and not in relation specifically to Ray. Im not going to void any of my animals even if i get dangerous elapids futher down the track and im definately not tearing up my licence.
Also Ray(and others overseas) believes that voiding his snakes is better for them under the circumstances and personally think that is a valid point. There is no doubt in my mind that his snakes would be less stress than snakes used in other shows that i have seen.

As i said in that last thread voiding a snake is far less cruel than fishing with a hook. If done for a good reason i dont have a problem with either.

As for the children dieing from snake bite, i guess we will have to wait and see how many children in melbourne get killed by collets snakes :lol: Everyone knows that the average four year old can tell the differance between a python and an elapid :roll:

I understand that the guy was excited but does that mean we should say "good for you" and not tell him that it may actually be a bad thing?
If someone posted that they murdered two people last night or they tortured an animal and it was really kick ass, are you all gonna say "yay, i'm glad you had fun" instead of maybe telling what you think or contacting some authorities.
Let's be realistic, this is a forum, which means a place for open discussion, and sometimes people post things that we as individuals do not like to hear but that does not reduce the validity to what is said. It is important for us to talk and educate each other and post opinions and while we shouldn't feel admonished for doing so it is important that a spectrum of information is available. Just because a thread or topic has been covered before does not mean that all the people in this thread have read it or would have even THOUGHT of searching for it. I've said it before and i'll say it again if that is the case and people just want you to search for info, let's just have a normal searchable website and stop the interaction. As i am sure somewhere along the line most topics that are brought up have been talked about at some point before. I personally am here for the forum and the opinions and the entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back