Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardboy_ryan

Reaction score
today i decided to go find some lizards and snakes so i walked to a creek near were i live and i loked for some lizards. when i was walking near the road i saw a blue tongued skink. i went over to pick it up then it ran under a log. i was moving dirt with my hands to find the blue tongue and i acsadently picked up a browny coloured snake. it was a golden crowned snake or a white lipped snake. i also found 2 skinks which are not ment to be found in my local area. the species name is the southern calyptotis. it was a good day.
if anyone else has some stories of finding reptiles please send them.

lizardboy_ryan said:
i acsadently picked up a browny coloured snake. it was a golden crowned snake or a white lipped snake.

:shock:

You taking a big risk picking up a "browny coloured snake" that you cant 100% ID. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Matt

RE: Re: my herping adventure

i agree with Rev destroying its habitat isnt cool man
i bet if you had of sat there for about 10 mins the blue tongue probly would of come back out
but instead you disturbed a bunch of other herps which will probly move on now because they know there home isnt safe anymore

Cam...

Found two little whips under a rock the other day, not bad for the weather in melb at the moment, can post pics tomorrow.

Hey man, sounds like you had a great day. There is nothing better than seeing animals in the wild.

I find that the best way to get close to many reptiles is to sit quietly, moving slowly closer so they can figure out that your not a threat. This way you can really get close to them. You might even be able to get some photo's, I bet everyone on here would like to see them.

Also if you get bored with seeing the same old reptiles , take a mate and go out to the creek at night with a torch and you'll find a whole lot of other reptiles.

I haven't been out since early July. Would like to see some pictures if you can get some.

and i ((((acsadently))))

I just find it absolutely staggering that words can be annihilated like that in this day and age by people that have supposedly gone through schooling.

I'm just not going to comment anymore.

Why did you comment in the first place?
This is a reptile website, not a how to spell chat.

Get over it!

Why did you comment in the first place?
This is a reptile website, not a how to spell chat.

Get over it!
YEAH, ME LYKESIT WEN PPL DONT COMPLAINT ABOUT POINTLESS CRAP 8)

lizardboy_ryan said:
today i decided to go find some lizards and snakes so i walked to a creek near were i live and i loked for some lizards. when i was walking near the road i saw a blue tongued skink. i went over to pick it up then it ran under a log. i was moving dirt with my hands to find the blue tongue and i acsadently picked up a browny coloured snake. it was a golden crowned snake or a white lipped snake. i also found 2 skinks which are not ment to be found in my local area. the species name is the southern calyptotis. it was a good day.
if anyone else has some stories of finding reptiles please send them.

errr i would be REALLY careful about randomly picking up snakes that i couldn't identify. what if you were bitten by a brown snake? jesus!!
there are only 2 kinds of true snakes in England so i don't have great stories about finding some here, i have looked for the grass snake and the viper but no luck so far.
when i lived in Brisbane near Mt Coot-tha, i was walking to the shop (barefoot!) in mid summer and something made me look down - i almost walked on a green tree snake wrestling with a big fat skink! it was great, i knelt down and watched the snake try to scoff the skink for lunch. unfortunately he didn't like me being around and zoomed off. he was black with green on him, a beaufiful specimen.
in the wild i have found a baby tree snake, red naped snake, white crowned snake, carpet and diamond python. as well as dragons.
be careful randomly picking up snakes if you are not 100%!!! you don't want to be rushed to hospital :(

C'mon guys, leave him alone...we should be happy that the younger generation still maintain such interests (rather than sitting at home playing Xbox)...not berate him for his spelling and "log lifting" escapades. Although i realise habitat destruction is an issue, i believe it is more important that kids can go out and see wild animals....heck i know that's what got me into studying zoology.

Good Job Ryan, i havent seen many herps in a while, i can't wait for it to heat up a little.

Dean (www.naturewa.com)

oh, and i also saw a goanna once, and when my parents had a farm at Stanthorpe i was always running into red bellied black snakes. which are cool... as long as you don't harrass them :)

NatureWA said:
C'mon guys, leave him alone...we should be happy that the younger generation still maintain such interests (rather than sitting at home playing Xbox)...not berate him for his spelling and "log lifting" escapades. Although i realise habitat destruction is an issue, i believe it is more important that kids can go out and see wild animals....heck i know that's what got me into studying zoology.

Good Job Ryan, i havent seen many herps in a while, i can't wait for it to heat up a little.

Dean (www.naturewa.com)

yes, this is not a school forum. i am happier that people care about reptiles and don't want to bash their heads in, rather than having a poor grasp on English grammar!

Good spotting Ryan,

and perhaps not picking them up is a good idea, but at least you are interested!!

Get yourself a nice little digital camera, we all like pictures on here!!!

And to the spelling freaks out there? If all you have to do it pick on others for spelling then it must be a poor life you lead......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back