Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog-1979

Reaction score
so ivé been a member here for nearly a month, and in that time my collection has doubled,lol. thought i would post some pics and introduce you to the gang. for those of you who like pics:) and for those of you who could give ....well look anyways

from left to right we have
1. mongrel, my 18 month old darwin male
2.mingy, inland beardie (the mum)
3.gary, inland beardie (the dad)
4. the buns in the oven
5.GTP, no name as yet
6.Ezmay, 6 yr old sa woma female
7. peanut, 8month old uluru woma female
8. the dude, 8 month old uluru woma male

enjoy

View attachment 219888View attachment 219889View attachment 219890View attachment 219895View attachment 219891View attachment 219892View attachment 219893View attachment 219894

p.s. the beardie pics were taken after a new uvb bulb was put in the enclosure....their colours just went crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
I think You can Get cream for that..... Lol
But seriously, cool collection

I think You can Get cream for that..... Lol
But seriously, cool collection

Thanks what i thought too hahaha

Mad dog, nice collection, did you name your beardies after the south park oprah episode?

sorry if i offended anyone with my offensive language...yes leamos they were named from the south park episode

i think aps is the biggest reason as to why our collection has expanded so much. we started off with a bredli last october, and since being on here we now have:

- blonde mac
- MD
- jungle
- diamond
- 2 barking geckos
- 2 beardies
- 1 blue tongue
- 1 amyae
and very soon a gammons ranges python and another amyae (when we find out the sex of the one we already have)

i remember seeing some one post that herps are addicitive, and at first at dismissed the idea. now however, we are running out of room!

Last edited:
Since having to give up my collection to fund my escape from SA all I had for the last 4 years or so was my water dragon and 2 spotted pythons, then I got my pair of GWDs then I joined APS. Now we have another 6 snakes and 4 lizards.

Sorry to the OP, I have nothing against Adelaide at all really, just the places I lived.

no need to apologise. i live here , i know what it's like,lol

it's not too bad really, i grew up in broken hill, so anywhere that i'm not related to half the population seems good to me, haha

haha well ever since i got a beardy all my mates want to get into them aswell, spreading the herpsssss =D

more time with less, is a lesson well learnt i think. I used to go wild and keep everything i could fit, but find it more practical and productive to concentrate on certain species...... nice animals mad dog

I can understand that moosenoose but as I am an insomniac and I study from home (may change next year) I just alternate the days I spend with them so they all get a fair amount of my time. I usually only sleep 3-4 hours a night until I crash and then I sleep for about 16 hours straight and then back to 3-4 hours again. My uni work does always end up left until the last minute though.

i see all of my guys everyday as check water bowls and housekeeping standards, all i want is 1 more so i can find a mate for ezmay then i will be happy for a while,lol. and i might hold back some of the baby beardies if they show some promise in pattern/colours

yo maddog you gotta get at least one jungle man lol, iv been on APS only a month aswell, i only have two jungles and im trying to keep my herp collecting under control as it can get out of control very easily and would like to expand my collection, but i think i'll just enjoy everyones pics like ur awsome collection as thats helps my addiction from getting more.

It definitely gets to a stage where you have to prioritise, I really want to get Boyds and already have a place to put them but my dilemma now is do I get Frillies, which I have always wanted or a mangrove monitor. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that if I want another pair of womas I can only get one more species of snake for now which is going to be a GTP I'd say. Then there is next year and the possibility of new species being available in Victoria which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Hey i was just wondering wat is an RPM, what does it stand for and are they coastals or jags they look really cool they look like jungles and how big do they grow? im kinda new at this.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back