My latest enclosure - HUGE!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffysnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
It's 1800 high (including cupboards below-600) 600 deep 1800 wide and weighs a TON!
This wasn't actually that hard to make. I designed it for minimal cutting, 9 sheets of pine 600x1200x4mm.
The front is perspex with a wood frame, mounted on wardrobe rollers, and the rail at the top is mounted on a hinged beam, so it can slide side to side, or swing up for complete access.
The middle top drawer is a hide.
Initially, the shelf wasn't there, and I had a lamp in the top left corner, but heat rises (duh) and I couldn't get a proper temperature gradient, so I came up with the idea of putting in the shelf with the lamp underneath. this works great as the top makes a comfy basking spot.
The right corner has a swimming pool with a drain tap in the cupboard underneath for easy cleaning.
It has a dimming 250w ceramic lamp, a ventillation fan, and dusk/dawn fluoros for day , blacklights for night.

01112012310.jpg01112012323.jpg01112012325.jpg01112012321.jpg01112012309.jpg

I made the whole design including the rockwall with lots of good info from this site - THANKS GUYS!!

Looks great love the back ground and plants.

Are you going to paint the background blacky grey ?

Looks great love the back ground and plants.

Are you going to paint the background blacky grey ?

You can't see very well from the pictures, but the rockwall is painted to look like mossy stained granite.

Might be an idea to put a cage around the ceramic heat emitter

- - - Updated - - -

Might be an idea to put a cage around the ceramic heat emitter sorry didn't see it using I phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back