Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I have been doing a study up here on reptiles in disturbed and undisturbed riparian habitats.
We have been going out into the field daily to different disturbed and undisturbed riparian sites along the Ross River and basically searching for reptiles, predominantly lizards.
Some of the species observed have included: Diporiphora bilineata, Carlia rhomboidalis, Cryptoblepharus virgatus, Cryptoblepharus plagiocephalus, Ctenotus robustus, Egernia frerei, Heteronotia binoei, Phyllurus cornutus, Hemidactylus frenata, Antaresia maculosus, Demansia atra, Ramphotyphlopssp.
We have also recorded ecological data such as weather conditions, vegetation surveys and extent of distubance per site.
All this will be going into a scientific report soon and I will post the results up here if anyone is interested in seeing them. It will be interesting to see how these species adapt to a disturbed habitat.

I have had a ball doing this to say the least!! I did a study last year on the adaptative behaviour of skinks, primarily Lampropholis guichenoti, but it was mainly lab work, being out there in the field observing reptiles in their own world is amazing stuff!

Sounds awesome pinkie! Have you found any camel toes out there? :)

Def. post the results - sounds like an interesting read. :)

fix yourself girl ya got a camel toe look at the ice sk8ter in the 2002 guiness world records she has a camel toe and the famouse tennis player is picking her a$$

sounds awsome pinsta.....is this study with the university?
let me know if ya find a townsville bhp.

kewl pinkie......... is it going to be published in a journal or anything???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back