My Marbled Gecko Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionOz

Reaction score
Hi every one first off I would like to say thanks for letting me join this site as I have always got a lot of information form the posts here and thought it would be my turn to sign up and show you all what I have been up to over the last month or so.

Well here we go I got a Marbled Gecko and called him Torin and then found out he was in fact a she but I will keep the same name for her.

I found here on one of my blinds and had to catch her before my cats decided it was lunch time and then I found that she is a very special Marbled Gecko indeed as she cannot stick to any type of glass surface as she just slides down it, she must not of developed correctly or something but that is fine every animal has a special place in my heart, I mean I once had a mop Budgie, basically a downs syndrome Budgie who's feathers go the opposite way to a normal Budgie.

But any way I have been hard at work turning my 45 gallon aquarium into a enclosure for her. I have put lots of green plants, wood (Bark and small logs), rocks (Slate and slandered rocks form the garden (washed ad soaked for a few days before putting in the enclosure). I have 2 old aquarium lights in there to help keep the heat up for 12 hours cycle (turns on at 6am and off at 6pm).

Now the good thing about this girl is that she does not need any special heat type thing until winter, I live in Ballarat, so that has helped me keep costs down at this time.

Please let me know what you think of the enclosure and of Torin herself, sorry pictures are not the best I have no idea how to use this stupid phone.

1622048_240490729465455_200663382_n.jpg 1798488_251143135066881_681850301_n.jpg 02032014016.jpg 02032014017.jpg 02032014018.jpg 02032014019.jpg 02032014020.jpg

Hi and welcome to APS!
That's very unusual for your gecko not being able to stick to glass. We've got two juvenile marbled geckos, and the first day I put them into a small perspex tank, the larger one was up the side immediately. Always have to check where he is before taking the lid off to feed them. :)

Hi every one first off I would like to say thanks for letting me join this site as I have always got a lot of information form the posts here and thought it would be my turn to sign up and show you all what I have been up to over the last month or so.

Well here we go I got a Marbled Gecko and called him Torin and then found out he was in fact a she but I will keep the same name for her.

I found here on one of my blinds and had to catch her before my cats decided it was lunch time and then I found that she is a very special Marbled Gecko indeed as she cannot stick to any type of glass surface as she just slides down it, she must not of developed correctly or something but that is fine every animal has a special place in my heart, I mean I once had a mop Budgie, basically a downs syndrome Budgie who's feathers go the opposite way to a normal Budgie.

But any way I have been hard at work turning my 45 gallon aquarium into a enclosure for her. I have put lots of green plants, wood (Bark and small logs), rocks (Slate and slandered rocks form the garden (washed ad soaked for a few days before putting in the enclosure). I have 2 old aquarium lights in there to help keep the heat up for 12 hours cycle (turns on at 6am and off at 6pm).

Now the good thing about this girl is that she does not need any special heat type thing until winter, I live in Ballarat, so that has helped me keep costs down at this time.

Please let me know what you think of the enclosure and of Torin herself, sorry pictures are not the best I have no idea how to use this stupid phone.

View attachment 306504 View attachment 306505 View attachment 306506 View attachment 306507 View attachment 306508 View attachment 306509 View attachment 306510
they sometimes do that when they are going into a shed

Hi and welcome to APS!
That's very unusual for your gecko not being able to stick to glass. We've got two juvenile marbled geckos, and the first day I put them into a small perspex tank, the larger one was up the side immediately. Always have to check where he is before taking the lid off to feed them. :)

Yea I do not think a vet will be able to tell me if she has any issues, but I still love her and well she has a very safe home now and she does not seam to want to leave the enclosure at all even when she jumps on my hand and I bring her out she jumps straight back into the enclosure.

- - - Updated - - -

they sometimes do that when they are going into a shed

Sorry for all the posts the forums are stuffing up on my end and logging me out when I post. I have not seen her shed and I have had her for around 2 months now.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you keep them with out a licence in Victoria

Yes we are and we can now also keep the Mitchell Hopping Mice with out one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back