My New Brown Tree Snake :) HAPPY :)

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Skelhorn, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skelhorn

Skelhorn Very Well-Known Member

I picked this little fella up last night. What a snake. Very different to what I have seen or held before. Very placid and relaxed. Happy to curl around your arm/wrist and hang there. Does not strike or have any issues with being hand collected from the tank.

Very beautiful speciman...and OMG alot more active then my 5 other pythons!

I'll get better photo's this weekend and add them as only had the phone available last time :)

Attached Files:

2. Stuart

Stuart Site Admin Staff Member

Nice work mate, you wont be disappointed with it

3. Skelhorn

Thanks Snipercap :) Yeah am loving it already. More enjoyable to watch :p Nothing against my pythons....I still love them all!

4. Skippii

Skippii Well-Known Member

Great find! How old's the lil guy? Definitely post up some more pictures when you get a chance, I love these critters :D

x

5. Skelhorn

Heya Skippii!!!

The guy I bought it off was not the most informative......Didn't know how old it was, the sex, previous owner history apart from who he bought it off....However I was absolutely SHOCKED when I got it home and filled up its water bowls....Are these snakes that different that they spend almost 2 minutes drinking!!!!

I couldn't beleive it. My wife and I stood there watching this poor little fella drink and drink and drink. I've never ever seen any of my snakes drink this much. He actually made a dint in the amount of water in the dish.

I am going to let him settle in and planned on giving him a feed this weekend. What do people recommend? I was looking at either Pinkie mice, small fish or gecko's....any other suggestions?

6. Radar

Radar Very Well-Known Member

Nice purchase, these fellas certainly are more active then pythons :)
    Just feed it mice mate, if it's being picky and you breed your own go for a fresh killed one, it usually ramps up their feeding response. I have one here that is just a piece of rope, can't imagine it ever striking, and it just used to casually swallow it's food after a bit of a sniff. The first time I fed it fresh stuff it absolutely smashed it, most I've ever seen the animal move, lol. Now it looks foward to it's fresh meals...

7. Skelhorn

Hahahaha Cheers mate :) Good to know. I will give it a go on defrosted mice (if it doesn't it them my pythons will) and if that doesn't work I will give a freshy a go!

8. sharky

sharky Very Well-Known Member

Aw, what a cutie! He sounds awesome :D Good luck with him, I'm sure you two will share many happy years together :)

If he won't take rodents, try thawing out the mouse in skink-tail water. Just boil a skink tail up in a pot of water, let it cool and thaw the mouse in it. Keep re-using the same water everytime until he'll take just normal f/ts. Works a treat at getting lizard eaters to take rodents ;) (You probably won't have a problem though, this one sounds like an angel!)

9. Skelhorn

I've been really slack with photos...hopefully this weekend. have had a monster week of work. I am enjoying the difference from a colubrid to a python, very enjoyable :)

10. Skippii

I don't know, Skelhorn.. There's just no excuse for this kind of slackness, I expect faster results!

:p

11. Skelhorn

Please forgive!!!! I will get some pictures tonight :) It sucks our internet is currently not connected..grrrrrrrrrr so am waiting for them to get their bums into gear as if we take photo's on our camera we need the computer to upload them!!!!

Wonder what M0rph posted above!!! Was it not nice M0rph? :p

12. Skippii

Oh alright, I'll forgive you... Just this once. Next time though... *sinister music*
    So howcome your internet's disconnected? :shock:

haha I was wondering myself what M0rph said, I'm always curious when I see messages that have been erased.

x

13. Skelhorn

Hmmm well we can put together a investigation to as the comment is No Point....soooo qho really knows :p

We moved house and Dodo is taking their sweet time in re connecting us. I had a good play with Jason last night. He nailed two pinkie rats the other night....love them! However....He is extremely crafty. There was a miniscule gap in his tank at the top....well he escaped!!!! We found him last night only because of complete luck. His head was poking out of our printer.,...and he bailed back inside....well I destroyed the printer :p But got my snake back haha

Attached Files:

14. Skippii

bahaha poor printer! Couldn't you have put the printer in his enclosure and waited for him to emerge? I can't stop giggling now, looking at those pictures, you gave that printer a pummeling. Least you got your little critter back though.. They're definitely crafty little things, always working on their Houdini act.

15. Skelhorn

Yeah....I thought about positioning the printer back in there...BUT new ink for this thing is more than what we paid for it haha. So we are going to go buy a new printer that comes with ink for cheaper that is brand new :p
    It was amazing how far into it Jason actually got....was not an easy task getting him out, had to practically put it all to peices to reach him in the back left corner :p

16. Skelhorn

Got them haha, took time however I got them :)

Also a pic or two of two of my other pythons.

Attached Files:

17. mcbuggsy

mcbuggsy Not so new Member

I love reptiles but I still think BTS's have a very ugly head..(yeah I know, just like me) but I would keep every snake in Australia but would still struggle having a BTS. I love my Green Tree Snakes though, as you say, completely different to anything else, and DEFINITELY an escape artist......and fast too.

18. Skelhorn

They have a very ugly head hahaha, not pretty or sleek one bit....I completely agree. Either way good to watch :p

19. montysrainbow

montysrainbow Very Well-Known Member

I swear he is smiling in the middle photo! (1st lot of pics) lol lovely snake congrats :)

20. Skelhorn

Hahahaha completely agree.....he looks like Kaa of the Jungle Book...with his big googly eyes :p Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.