My new DIY background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer91

Not so new Member
Reaction score
well here is a few pics of the new background i'm making for my spotties viv
from start to almost finished
if only i had a new camera to take the photo's :(
let me know what you think guys

Attachments

• DSC00393.jpg
    DSC00393.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00402.jpg
    DSC00402.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC00409.jpg
    DSC00409.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC00396.jpg
    DSC00396.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 170
Hey that looks good :) How long did it take you to make? How do you clean out the hide?

it has taken me over a week to get i done so far, as for cleaning all sides, back and floor are seperate parts, making it easy to clean :)

it'a made from polystyrene,tile grout and airbrushed with acrylic student paints. all water based and non toxic, and when i get around to it it will have a water proof pva sealant sprayed over it for easier cleaning

best part of it all it's only cost me around $60 to make it which is a little less than it cost to by on of those premade ones that are only 450x450 and mine is 850x360 ish plus sides and floor :) hehe

WOW... I would love instructions on how to do this too... would make my enclosures look great......you did very well

they are great fun to make.... but very messy. styro foam is a biatch!! here is one i make for a ridgey enclosure, 120cm x 55cm. i used tile grout but it annoyed me so went on to use a cement/sand mix (no lime included;))

Attachments

• P1100117.jpg
    P1100117.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 184
Sweetangel that looks fantastic, Lancer yours looks awsome too. Were do you buy the styrofome from?
Ally

well i used a PVA wood glue (water resistant) and glued all the bits onto a wood board background. then cut and scraped and sanded the styro foam. used expanda foam/foam filler to fill gaps and create more shapes. covered with tie grout, but i didnt like the grout so used cement with bondcrete added. then painted it.... didnt seal it.... but not sure if i will have to as i used an environmentally friendly arcrylic exterior paint from bunnings:) bunnings is the place to go to get every thing:)

here is a link to my enclosure page

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/exotics-other-reptiles/diy-ridge-tail-monitor-enclosure-83521

go the styro foam from a furniture and home wares store i used to work at. i knew they had heaps that they threw out. its called Recollections. they're around a few places but im sure most places want to get rid of all they have. i might be selling my left overs soon as i have heaps:) but need to make one for my diamond yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back