My new Gammon Ranges carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
This is my new little guy I picked up last weekend. Big thanks to Axeman78. He is a lovely natured little guy, not at all scared. I got him on Sunday, got back at midnight, put him in a temporary click clack until Monday when he moved to this one and with all that initial disruption he still ate with no problems on the Thursday. It was a bit hard to get an in focus shot of him as he very quickly started coming out of his click clack and towards me to investigate but you get the idea:

Attachments

• gammons1.jpg
    gammons1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 291
  • gammons2.jpg
    gammons2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 266
I love the contrast of the red and creamy yellow on yours, mines coming up to shed and has his grumpy pants on at the moment.

I love the contrast of the red and creamy yellow on yours, mines coming up to shed and has his grumpy pants on at the moment.
I know that feeling, I just got my oldest Darwin het out for a run around in the first time for a while and he was a little grumpy, then I noticed the blue eyes and popped him back in.

Congratulations on your pickup, he looks great. I really wish we could get the gammons over here. Yet another win for you Aussies.

Tim

Divorce would be the only way I could move over there lol

Tim

Lol good job she doesn't come on here, guess I gotta wait till a pair decide to holiday over here lol

Tim

Nice snake there! Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Gammon ranges carpet and a Darwin. I've got a little Darwin that looks exactly like this. Obviously they are from different areas but is there any way of telling them apart?

I have a pair of Gammons they are both extremely placid and have never even looked like tagging me. Looks like you have yourself a good looking animal koatikjezta hope all goes well.

Enjoy
Octane

Thanks for that guys. Leverett13 have a look on the SXR website, they have a good article about Gammons that should answer your questions. Also, that isn't the best photo representation, but they have little red flecks of colour through their scales and the dark scales are a dark reddy brown colour. I actually did some colour correction on this photo and although it is still not 100% it is a bit better representation of it's true colours:

Attachments

• gammons3.jpg
    gammons3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 147
very bloody cute mate and a nice score,this is what a nice adult looks like :)
312217_2205874699077_1013694107_32470392_427972408_n.jpg

no problem. I don't know much about local species or subspecies with carpets so it is interesting for me. Slowly learning more and more everyday! :) Keep us updated I love the pattern and colour. It is absolutely beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back