my new marbled geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_GRIZ

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i got 5 geckos from the ballot yesterday heres some pics

000_0091.jpg

000_0090.jpg

000_0089.jpg

000_0088-1.jpg

000_0088.jpg

000_0092-1.jpg

cheers matt

They are cute!! I'm sure they'll be wonderful as they get older!

Do they grow their tails back?

Nice marmoratus. Common species in the field but not seen all that much in captivity.

They are strictly arboreal or a crevice inhabiting species so you should include climbing equipment like sticks, logs, vines and also secure crevices similar to what is used in small goanna cages (like rock stacks).

Good Luck with them and Yes, any with dropped tails, they will regenerate but not as good looking.

thanx rocket will do some things later

Not usually. Stone geckos are Diplodactylus vittatus for Eastern Stone gecko or D.granariensis for Wheatbelt/ Western Stone gecko

do they look similar? I ask because we recently purchased a stones geckoe but it looks very much like these marbles

Look on google and compare them. Although, most Diplodactylus are generally Terrestrial Geckos and stay on the ground, I suppose the colouring of C.marmoratus and D.vittatus is a little similar although the patterning is quite different I think..

How much were you charged for your Stone gecko(s)?

Very cute. I have been looking into getting some myself. How much did you pay for them, if you don't mind me asking? I have been told that they are hard to get in Vic at the moment and that i might have to wait a few months.

i no absolutely nothing about geckos, do they require some sort of heating ??
cheers
brad

i no absolutely nothing about geckos, do they require some sort of heating ??
cheers
brad

nah, no heating as they occur down in the southern parts of aus, (cool climate)

in pet shops in vic they go for about 20-30, but you should be able to get some for 10-15 privately.

have you got a lid on there enclosure?

You should have said hello Matt, I can't remember all the people I meet. Was it you that came up towards me when I was out the front chatting to another guy?

Cheers
Daz

Nice gex! The lumps on the necks of some of them (obvious in the 3rd pic) are calcium deposits which only the females get, it's an easy way to sex mature adults other than the hemipenal bulges method.

You should have said hello Matt, I can't remember all the people I meet. Was it you that came up towards me when I was out the front chatting to another guy?

Cheers
Daz

yeah mate that was me and spottie

Nice geckos,
Just out of curiosity how often do they run these ballots? or is it just when they have specimens to get rid of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back