My Rough Scaled Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just want to share the joy that my little sweetheart brings to me, by showing off some pics of my little dude cruising and being himself. He is an only child, is loved dearly and is slowly growing and getting stronger all the time, he was anxious at first but is settling with time and loves time outside on the grass in the warm sun. He is the sweetest little danger noodle out, but I guess we all think that of our babies hahahahaha! He has just moved into his big enclosure and has been stretching out at night and hanging with the bugs, we are one big happy family. Thanks all!

enclosure2.JPG enclosure.JPG image1.JPG IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1927.JPG IMG_1629.JPG IMG_1683.JPG

Yay more RSP peeps... I love their eyes.. here is one of many pics of my young Roughy!!
e4a55af2879507007ef12c2c7208813e.jpg

Instagram: murph_BTK

Thanks for sharing! My roughy is just over 2 years old now and brumating... I may be bias for RSP's but that's a gorgeous little noodle you have there. Feel free to share more pics as he grows! It'd be lovely to see more pictures of these guys in the forum!

Thanks for the love guys, he really is a little sweetheart and you are all right about their eyes, so detailed and beautiful. I know GTP's get a wrap for being beautiful, but these guys just have so much charm and grace about them. It was well worth the 15 year wait to be able to see him just being himself at home.

They do indeed have incredible eyes, they definitely seem to be more inquisitive and intelligent than other pythons, close relative to GTP's but much more animated.IMG_2794.jpg

They are just so adorable! It's so hard keeping the ambient enclosure warm right now, but he hides under a little log curled up in a loop of heat cord, so he is happy and warm and snoozes all day. Once the lights go out, he comes out and cruises around for a bit and chills with his insect roomies. He seems happy all in all, eats when offered food in his tub, he has a pretty chill life, all babies deserve that. I must agree about their eyes, he is so expressive all in a glance and he just stares at me through the glass while I sit and study, it's quite amazing.

Very nice indeed , such amazing eyes that’s for sure

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lol - Thank you Stompsy! Such an inquisitive face!

I know what I am going hear.

Temperamental
Doesn't like to be handled
Hard to uncoil bc of fragile tail
Will bite
Will draw more blood bc of teeth design
Sometimes refuse food

SO my rebuttal is:

Gorgeous eyes
Nice fat head
Inquisitive
Pretty face
Arboreal (SO you'll see it more up on branch instead of being hidden in hide)
Lively
Unique feel

More pros than cons, and most cons apply to all pythons anyway!

Give me some more pro's (when you have time) about your little guy... (or girl)

Your choice is your own but for a first snake,maybe not the best,Roughies can give nasty bites and they will grow pretty big so be prepared to build some large enclosures as it grows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back