Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I would like to show you guys my new sand monitor. Hes a juvenile and i have only had him for 3 weeks. Heres Some Pics:

Attachments

• 25092009.jpg
    25092009.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 25092009(001).jpg
    25092009(001).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 402
  • 25092009(002).jpg
    25092009(002).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 319
5ftx2ftx2ft as hes only a few months old, im building an outside enclosure which will be 4mx5m. : ) At the moment the tank is a good size he wont grow out for a while...... but im going to start on the unclosure very soon. as i dont want him crammed in a small tank 8).

Oh sweet. I love the sandies. Congrats. Are you going to keep him outside all year round in Sydney?

I thinkso mate.....not too sure though. IT will be made out of Glass Sheet, BlueBoard,and Sliding Glass roof. If i keep the roof closed it will retain more heat(if i heat it in Winter).

Sounds like a big project. Keep us all updated.

Whats the little fella eating at the moment?

Mainly Large Woodies and Turkey Mince. Im taking it slow with him and handling.etc because they are very very different to Dragons and if you screw up the first time you will never be able to handle them. Heres how im doing it if anyone would like to know....its working so far. I havent picked him up yet...and dont plan to. anyway i started by putting my scent on and around his enclosure, i then get him used to being fed. I then hand feed him, now im starting to pat him when i feed him, he seems to be coping quite well concidering. but still whenever i touch him he gets a bit scared. i will then keep patting him and hopefully he will get used to it!(Fingers Crossed) . They are soo cool whenever i put m yhand up to the glass he licks the side of the tank.. and whenever i put my hand in his enclosure he stands on his back legs like a dog, i think this shows he is getting used to me fro mall the food i give him. i want him to start thinking hand= good, hand gives me food. haha or something like that 8 ). Cheers Oh and also if anyone would like to know i purchased him from URS.

Last edited:
Haha thanks james. Well my one will probs get 1.2/4m at max but thats because hes a Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus, The Varanus Gouldii Gouldii's will grow to 1.2/7m around about there.

Thats mad i wona get one so bad is he shy??
they all have thier own personalities,
2 of mine are a little shy, 1 is pretty laid back and one couldn't give a crap what i do as long as she gets to sunbake.

Well.....i havent started building it yet...and yess he is quite shy, he stays out when i go near but he doesnt like to be touched and flinches when i move my hand too quick. Haha Luke, i plan to oneday own some Lace Monitors, Kimberely Rock Monitors, Mangrove Monitors and Perenties...

what about the 4th?
:(
back to school mate, you need to learn how to count.
, i plan to one day own some Lace Monitors, Kimberely Rock Monitors, Mangrove Monitors and Perenties...
same. sandies are a stepping stone to all the class 2 monitors i want.
glauerti Kimberley Rock Monitor
indicus [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Mangrove Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
mertensi [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Mertens’ Water Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
rosenbergi [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Heath Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
panoptes [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Yellow-spotted Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
spenceri [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Spencer's Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
varius [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Lace Monitor [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman] giganteus [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Perentie [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
and more. might need more room lol

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...ors-adult-size-weight-temperement-chart-98161

Wow, nice monitor :) Very pretty.
Looking into a Kimberley, or maybe an Ackie. Impossible to find though v_v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back