My Scorpions! (pics and vid)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumpage44

Reaction score
Hey everyone! i thought i would share my scopion collection with you :D

My Collection:

Lychas Marmoreus
untitled1us8.jpg

Urodacus Manicatus
dscf2383lb2.jpg

Urodacus Novaehollandiae
dscf2406mt1.jpg

Isometroides Vescus
dscf2342da5.jpg

i also have Urodacus elongatus and armatus :D

Heres a video of an elongatus eating a spider:
[video=youtube;klW_Sim_3qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klW_Sim_3qo[/video]

Also if anyone is interested i have 5 healthy Urodacus novaehollandiae scorplings from sale at $20 each, i am also open to trades for other scorps :)

dscf2314bo8.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Doug

Living up in the hills I'm suprised you don't have Urodacus planimanus. I recently lost my big female after almost 3 years of having her.

They are very interesting to watch them move around and come into contact with each other :)
i pick them up and put them in my hand with no trouble, very easy to handle!
I will post express to other states, scorpions are quite hardy creatures so they should be fine! (buyer to pay for express, should only be a few dollars)

Ive been looking for planimanus everywere, i keep thinking my manicatus is really a planimanus? sorry about your scorp :(

Thats a wicked vid on youtube. Thought it may have taken a bit more for that spidy to go down but then again Im not one to underestimate the good ole scorpy.

Thanks guys! i was hoping no one would find that video to be cruel. Two of my Urodacus Novaehollandiae's had a violent mateing spree last night so im expecting more little guys, will keep you all updated :D

If ya dont mind...Could ya explain a bit about em (enclosure requirements, handling, feeding etc)....Sorry i dont no much bout them, but wouldnt mind getting some when the newies are born...any or all info you know will help me to know...haha...thx

Ash...

Heres my caresheet: :D

Firstly youll need a container or tank, you can use almost anything! From Toy boxs to tupperware to standard glass tanks :)

encloser1tr9.jpg

dscf2437xq2.jpg

dscf2438pq0.jpg

Choose a encloser to suit the size of your scorpion and how many you are keeping together. For large scorpions a 20 x 20cm container is a minimum size that one scorpion should be kept in, for smaller ones such as Marbled Scorpions a 10 x 10cm container in minimum although marbled can be sometimes kept in groups.

Youll need a subtrate to put in the container or tank. I used dirt from my backyard mixed with a bit of white sand, i put it all through a sieve to get ride of all the pebbles and rocks. Once i get enough of this dirt i mixed water into it until it is evenly moist (not wet) and gently pack it into the tank so the scorpions can burrow into it if they want. Then i put some rocks and bark in for them to hide under.

dscf2434qk0.jpg

Now youve got to choose your scorpion species! Here are the 3 most common:

Urodacus Manicatus:

These are easy to keep but not all that exciting, they are aggressive when young but become big and calm when adults, i feed mine mealworms, beetles and roaches. They spend most of the time in hiding.

Urodacus Novaehollandiae:

Urodacus Novaehollandiae or as i like to call them "Novas" are More aggressive as adults and and sometimes difficult to feed, they have the same diet as manicatus.

Lychas Marmoreus:

Lychas Maroreus is also known as the marbled scorpion, this is the scorpion you will most likly find around your home :) They eat mainly spiders and only grow up to 2-3cm long, one of my favourites!

Peace out!
Doug

P.S i was going to post pictures of the species in the caresheet but i realised ive already posted the pics :p

The pics are really appreciated...love the set-ups! Can't wait to get mine. Im doing the whole set-ups tomorrow (just using tupperware containers for the time being)

Teni

Opps!

The Scorpion i listed in my collection as being "Urodacus Manicatus" is really "Urodacus Planimanus"

Your all probly thinking (Whats the difference, a scorpions a scorpion?) Well the Urodacus Planimanus grows up to 12cm in length which is larger than Manicatus, is less active, less aggressive and love eating beetles.

Thanks everyone :)

and also are you able to hold any of them or not ?
are you willing to post
brad

is the rock that Urodacus Planimanus is sitting on in the first set of pics 4 sale?! they look like some nice garnet growths (although cant say for sure) in it, where is it from???
do u have any Lychas Marmoreus for sale???
Urodacus Manicatus??? also, where are you? or would you post them?
sorry about all the ???s :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back