My snake is constantly sleeping not active

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf_Kormez

Reaction score
My bredli python adult
Has not been herself since 3 weeks ago

She eaten 3 sub adult rats
2 in. One sitting one a week earlier

Temp 30 high side 25 low

Even when she's out her hide she will climb her rock near the ceramic heaters and then slump her head and not move for entire day

Is she just digesting or what's going on?

She moves around fine I'f I startle her to

I'm no expert, but my first thought is perhaps the temperature is a little low, a quick google around says the hot end should be 32-33 degrees.

If the snake is spending all it's time in the hottest spot it can find and not moving it's a pretty good indicator that the temp isnt quite hot enough for it to thermo-regulate. If that's the case and the temp isnt hot enough then it would be having trouble digesting.

Take what I say for a pinch if salt though, I only just got my license myself.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned at the behaviour.
Without seeing the size of the snake this statement may be incorrect but 3 sub adult rats may be a little on the large side but then again I have seen rats referred to as sub adult from 120g to 400g which is why I prefer to measure prey items in weight rather than age.

On the matter of the temp I tend to agree that 30 is a little low but I think your cold end temp is your real problem as raising the hot end temp by any amount will have a negative impact on the cold end temperature. How are you measuring your temps? What is the size of the enclosure? Vent placement? All important factors that influence temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back