My snake is getting big for no reason

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longbeach

Reaction score
Hi there my name is Mitchell I've got two big carpet pythons in one enclosure they have bean together for three years don't no the sex of the two but one is not eating but is getting really fat could it have baby's I'm not shore I don't want to bread snakes just want them as pets

As suggested to you in the shoutbox Mitchell the answer comes down to the basics of nature. You obviously have a pair so get ready for eggs. You should note from this how lucky you have been, though carpets normally do home together ok there are reports of one eating/killing the other.

You certainly need another enclosure and I would suggest rather quickly.

I'm geting

I'm getting a big bird aviary I was thinking about outing them outside oso the enclosure they are in now is 7 foot long 4 foot high and 4 foot wide it is a wooden display cabinet but im going to put them out side in summer

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter how big the enclosure is. Snakes can be cannibalistic or just get pissed off and decide they had enough of sharing the same space. Less of an issue with carpets but by no means are there any guarantee's. A well known and well reputable breeder last year reported of a female Diamond that decided she had enough of her cage mate and ate it. This was after sharing the same enclosure for I believe 7 years. And no known previous reports of Diamonds being cannibals.

once you put them outside they should be fine as long as the enclosure is big enough and there is enough hiding spots so they can get away from each other. as for getting fat probably eggs. for the indoor enclosure divide it down the middle so you have 2 enclosures and add more lights for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back