My snake wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a very large enclosure for such a small snake, and that may be the reason why it wont eat (I'm not an expert). Also, those aren't pinkies? It only needs an enclosure maybe a quarter of the size of that enclosure. Did you get it from a pet shop?

They are Fuzzie Mice i only just bought them, maybe its the enclosure but i bought large enclosure for when he gets larger

Ok. Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I would recommend keeping him in a smaller enclosure. Was it from a pet shop?

Did they recommend keeping it in an enclosure this size?

As a start I would get some fake vines and some fake plants to fill the enclosure more. If you can find it, strangler vine looks awesome in an enclosure. Filling it with plants etc will give your diamond more security and may help with eating.
That way you don't need to get a smaller enclosure.

My mum got it as present so i dont know
[doublepost=1514860073,1514860024][/doublepost]
As a start I would get some fake vines and some fake plants to fill the enclosure more. If you can find it, strangler vine looks awesome in an enclosure. Filling it with plants etc will give your diamond more security and may help with eating.

ok, i try and get some
[doublepost=1514860189][/doublepost]im actually defrosting some fuzzie mice now for my snake in some hot water, the mouse in a snaplock bag

I thought I would add that strangler vine is not fake. It grows up and around tall gums etc.

Looks like a bredli or Darwin might be a diamond cross with something

Good point... I'm skeptical though...

well im not sure this is my very first snake
[doublepost=1514861457,1514861401][/doublepost]
here watch this please
[doublepost=1514861608][/doublepost]the fuzzie was warm so i dont know why he didnt eat it

Try grabbing it behind the neck or the tail. He went to grab it, but you pulled away, be patient. From that he kinda looks more like a diamond, I retract my statement :p

The mice needs to be body temp, 32-36 do you have a temp gun? I would add 2 more hides, stop handling and try feeding in a couple weeks. He is still very small to be in that size tank. Or maybe try in a smaller tank.

Glad you've had a positive result! Thats one pretty snake, do they maintain there brown hue as they grow? Would be fascinating to see an adult with vibrant yellows on a brown canvas. Ive only ever seen the yellow-black diamonds and then the gosford locality ones which seem white-black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back