My snake wont eat

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Oscar's, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tarron

Tarron Active Member

Good stuff buddy, I would still add more hides so it feels more comfortable.

2. Scutellatus

Scutellatus Well-Known Member

In my opinion too much weight is put behind the smaller tank theory. It doesn't matter what size the tank is, it matters how it is furnished. The tank can be as big as you like as long as it has enough furnishings to provide a natural environment with areas of seclusion as well as open areas. Snakes in the wild don't live in tiny spaces, sure they may find a tight place to hide/digest/sleep, but they roam when not hiding and I assume they do this without fear or they would never survive.
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jan 2, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2018 ---
    When feeding hold the item by the tail. The way you are holding it you risk injury to the snakes teeth from the tongs if it strikes hard. This will also prevent you from having any fear of a bite because your hand is above the snake not in front.

pinefamily likes this.
  3. pinefamily

pinefamily Subscriber Subscriber

Our first diamond was virtually all black as a hatchling. She's coloured up nicely now . Our high yellow boy looked like a jungle as a hatchling. So yes they do look different young.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Scutellatus likes this.
  4. Foozil

Foozil Well-Known Member

Good to hear! :)