my spotted marsh frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
DSC02908.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02926.jpg

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

cheers cam

im spewing 4 out of 5 of my striped marsh froggys died the other night......and the one left isnt looking to flash..

im taking a water sample in tom morn to get tested for toxins etc.. but it could also be the mondo grass and moss that i got from bunnings could have introduced somthing. but they where all in the water when i found them so im thinking they couldnt get out of the water when the light went out and drowned.. the did have fairly good access points to get out tho...

im spewing 4 out of 5 of my striped marsh froggys died the other night......and the one left isnt looking to flash..

happened to me aswell :(
and i know why. in summer when i put their sub (cocopeat) in i didnt even squish any water out so it was really wet and didnt get too hot.
now it gets TOO cold in winter. so i should of relised and squished water out :/.
done that now and the other 3 are thriving :)

What's the best temp for them? Mine are looking a bit sluggish, and I've been worried. I'm in a fairly cold area of Melbourne. D'you think I'll need to get them some heating?

They're naturally around here, don't worry if they're inactive

They are awesome little things. I couldn't tell my girlfriend when I was getting them. After two days it was a bit hard to keep telling her that the noise was just really noisey crickets.

These guys arent hard to keep at all ive got about 100 -200 of them adult and baby. They just keep having little froggys :)

I meant their range is from around Vic.

They're naturally around here, don't worry if they're inactive

Thank you. That's a relief. I was told that, but this post put the wind up me a bit. I originally got these little guys to "flavour" pinky mice for my CTS, but it didn't work and I've always wanted frogs anyway and I'm very fond of them. Now I'm getting them a bigger cage organised (it's set up, I just want to make sure it's running properly as a mini-ecosystem before I put them in it) and want to get them a couple of girls and some brown tree frogs as well. I keep being told how easy they are to keep, but not how to keep them optimally, despite a fair bit of research. If you can recommend books or website to help me make their lives as close to perfect as possible, I'd be grateful.:)

Just experiment Naga, I did, I'm getting some more tomorrow from a breeder. At first I had them on gravel, then gravel and moss (which one escaped/hid forever in), and now I'm going to try Kritter's Crumble.

Ah cool. Mine are on gravel and moss, with a lot of mossy sticks and plants to climb on - the marsh frogs climb way more than I thought they would! They've been thoroughly happy for months (I heard that gravel can cause impactions, but I tweezer or hand feed mine so it's not an issue), but they've become sluggish with the cold weather lately and being a newbie frog keeper I've been worried. Is there a breeder locally? I'm not that far away from you, area-wise, and the only person I know who sells these (aside from in pet shops) is Craig from O Magic Frog in Dandenong, which is a bit of a trek.

Yeah Craig is the breeder I go to. Nice guy, but since I'm going to Amazing Amazon at 2:00 I won't be able to get to Dandenong today. Tomorrow will be better.

Just got one an hour or so ago. It's nice :)

Hey Naga,
I have lots of spotted marsh frogs in my garden during the warmer months, theres a pond which always had taddy's in it, many different kinds but the only one Ive id so far is the spotted marsh, their so cute and come in many different shades.
I thing they hibernate for winter.

sorry about the typos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back