my stimmies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegsnCliff

Reaction score
hay peeps this is my first time on this sit and i need some help how much should i feed my stimmies after they shed they both shed a couple of days after one another and they are so hungry they just want to keep eating my male is 2yrs old and my female is 4yrs old what should i do do i just keep feeding till they are full or should i limit them? ;)

One rodent every 7-10 days. If they are that age they should be eating hopper rats or so. Everyone is Different. Just be careful to not overfeed and make them fat :)

You need to give us a bit more info. What are you feeding them at the moment (ie if you are giving them pinky mice they will definitely be hungry)? How big are they? Does the feed you give them make a noticable bump in their bellies?

My Spotted is coming up on 2years, she is approx 110-120cm and she is happy with a large full grown mouse every two weeks. I probably won't change over to rats as I have easy access to mice and am happy to feed her two full grown mice per feed.

my female is about a 100-110cm she is happy with 2 fully grown mice every 10 days she is a great eater but my male he is bout 80cm and was quiet thin when i bought him and they told me to feed him pinkie rats which he hates wouldnt touch them so someone else told me to try feeding him pinkie mice which he loves but are not as filling for him i got told not to change him to something bigger till the weather gets warmer so now im on here asking for help from people who have reptiles and know what they are talking bout

I would stick to mice if that is what he prefers, try something larger, at 80cm he should be able to eat close to adult size mice. Keep feeding the female what your feeding. That's fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much what the others have already mentioned, but maybe try them on the 20% rule. eg. if the snake weighs 200g, feed it a 40g prey item.

At that age I think 7-10 days is fine, but you could even stretch it out longer with no drama.

You were right to ask, I was just pointing out that we needed to know more to best answer you. I was once shown a Mac that looked like it was barely two months old, it turned out to be a fussy eater and was actually from the same brood as mine so a yearling at the time.

When mine was around the 80cm mark she was getting a 3/4 grown mouse (subadult) roughly every 10 days. Your female certainly shouldn't be hungry with that much, personally I would feed her fortnightly and not even be too religious about exactly how many days. I have always varied the feeds so anywhere from 7-10 days and now anything from 12-16 days for no reason other than that they don't eat as regularly as we feed them if they are in the wild.

Regardless of it getting warmer I would up size the males feeds, especially if his enclosure is warm and he can get to a good warm spot to help him digest. Even if you offer him 2 weener mice and move him up every couple of feeds. 2 weeners would be about the same as a hopper/subadult so if he takes them both you know you can bump him up. Pinkies would hold very little value for him as there is very little meat on them and they are basically cartlidge.

awsome thanks so much people now im going to wait till his next feed and im going to try him on something bigger and more filling and hopefully he will put on some more weight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back