Name that snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy1990

Reaction score
Found about six of these guys the other day and heap of bobbies.

06F570AF-2D47-4DB1-99AA-0EB3AE12FEDC-728-000001CB7FCA0E18.mp4
[/IMG]

i dont no to much but i like playing these guessing games.
can you decribe what it looked like because i couldnt see much did it have a pattern and did it have a differnt colord head?
to me some parts of the video it looked like it and some it didnt

I don't know too much either lol I was hoping someone here with the knowledge could help me out.

It looked almost patchy like every scale was slightly different colour, like mottled. It didn't have a different coloured head.

Sorry for the poor quality it was just in a hurry because everything else I had seen that day did a Mad dash for the scrub so it was just a quick phone out the window on the move lol.

It was actually an awesome day for spotting but not so good for pics, everyone was warmed up from the temperature that day. I saw heaps of bobbies, heaps of western blueys and even some goanas. ( don't know the names and don't have pics sorry, bit of a dummy when it comes to naming reptiles.)

Cheers

Most likely a Dugite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very large Dugites along the south coast, and the spotted form "Kabarda" is very common there as well - as you say they look mottled. I caught one at the Pabelup lakes years ago which was just on 2m long - nearly 7 feet. At first glance it looked like a large Carpet.

Jamie

Even though Dugites are far less defensive than Easterns or Westerns, remember they are still a Brown Snake. Dont try and get too close for that better shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back