Native or just a big rat??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as said befor snake poo keeps rats away infact i have seen it sold in petshops

A woman I work with asked for some snake skin sheds to keep rats away from her home. Next day she found the rats eating the snakeskins!

Next day she found the rats eating the snakeskins!

Seems only fair - since the snakes eat the rats - skins and all.

I knew we had Diamonds around, but didn't realise the work they were doing up in the ceiling until we had our annual pest inspection. The pest guy came out of the ceiling with a severe case of the shakes. When I asked him what was wrong, he replied "your rat problem is solved." Since that time I've seen Diamonds in and on the roof dozens of times, and never heard a rat once. God bless pythons!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that shoots my 80% ID down in flames. I got it wrong! These guys are denizens of the forest – shrubs and Bracken and fallen logs and low grass trees are their favoured haunts. They basically won’t enter open areas, not even grasslands. I am afraid you have a sub-adult Black Rat. Did you take the photo? The tail length is diagnostic. Bush rats are highly insectivorous with a percentage of vegetable matter in their diet. Black Rats are omnivorous, eating what ever is available.

Damn! I was all excited for you until now.

Blue

yes the pic is mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back