natural UV

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
I have read about people not using UV lights bor berdies and instead have them outside for a certain amount of time.
Dose anybody do this and how often?

thanks

I kept mine outside permanately. From my understanding a bearded dragon needs a few hours a week outside in order to recieve the right amount of calcium for strong bones.Being a daytime basking species it needs more uv light than say a childrens python who is in general a nocturnal species that dwells in caves etc. Also the food given to your beardies will also contribute to there health.I recomend feeding them live adult food items that have recieved natural sunlight in order to produce calcium needed for your lizards.

yeah, this is what I'm doing at the moment, until I build an outside enclosure. I try and give them at least one sunny day a week outside. They are only youngies so they just go into a black tub (like a recycling crate) with a mesh lid and out in the sun. They are usually not real happy with me if i forget them till it's night coz it's getting under 10C at night here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back