Need Help Deciding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, I was looking to get into the hobbie of snake keeping and
Have 3 snakes I wanna get
1.bredli Python
2.jungle carpet Python
3.spotted Python
Being a beginner and 12 are there any reasons I should not get each one and any experiences you had that could help me decide. Are jungle carpet pythons snappy??

They have a reputation of being snappy, but you have to remember that all hatchlings can be snappy, depending on outside factors. Still, I would recommend you get a hatchling so you can grow in experience as the snake grows. You also need to decide how big a snake you are prepared to own once it is fully grown. Bredli's probably grow the largest, closely followed by jungles. Spotted pythons, and other of the anteresia group, are a lot smaller.
Bottom line you decide which one you really like, and then decide if you are prepared for looking after it.

If you are completely new to reptiles and only 12, do you have anyone who can help you out to show you how to handle one, feed etc?

I'd say go for what you want to get, Jungles do have the reputation for being snappy (both as youngsters and adults) where as Spotteds are smaller, a little more stable in temperament, and Bredli's usually have a good reputation as well, but will grow larger. Most hatchlings are a bit feisty, they are only babies and everything is a threat to them, but will get used to gentle handling, and when they are young, copping a bite just draws a bit of blood, doesn't hurt more than a mosquito bite hehe

Thanks I think I might get a Bredli or a spotted. But most likely a spotted (mainly because of their small size). Arrgh it's so tough I might research a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back