Need help please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakyb93

Reaction score
Hello, iam just a begginer in the snake seen and iam after some help as i have recently purchased a beautiful albinoe male, my question is lighting wise, i have a blue moon light but was wondering if a outback max uvb 10.0 light wouldnt do any harm to him as he being a albinoe. What would be better for him or doesnt it really matter? Cherrs jakyb

I'm no expert, but I was told by someone who is that Albinos lack filtering pigmentation in their eyes, so it's best to keep u.v exposure to a minimum. Darwin's don't need it, so probably give it a miss.

Albino's come with and without legs,also can be small,medium and large

Good point..why did I assume it's an albino darwin? Mad psychic skills, or alzheimers...

He did say 'snake seen' so I presume he ment either Albino Darwin or Albino Spotted, I think Darwin though

i would guess an olive before a spotted considering the prices involved for a first snake and the problems that are occuring with breeding.
Are you sure, it may be a Scrubby, Tree Skink or any other multitude of new things hitting the market. But then again I doubt the last two are hitting the for sale, list let alone the "friends list".

Snakes definitely do not need UVB and its very debatable whether they require UVA. Access to a indirect daylight via a window or skylight is certainly adequate. A 10.0 rated UV bulb is as strong as they come, short of a mercury vapour lamp and only recommended for lizards that spend lots of time basking in full sunshine. Bottom line... forget about the UV light. You don’t need it and it is likely to do more harm than anything else.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back