need help quick olive python escapee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
put flour down on the floor on all hte exits and entrances and maybe could get an idea of what room he is in. That's how I found mine.

if it is only small then it probably cant climb anything. get a torch and wait till late at night when everything is quiet. it must of got out of your room so get on your belly and start cruisin too see if there is anywhere, a gap or small hole in the wall anywhere in your room or the next couple of rooms. your snake will feel so much safer in a really tight fitting area. last one of mine escaped and i found it in a tarp 4 rooms away, it wasnt warm, it was freakin out. so be really fussy about your search, check every peice of clothing inside and out, in your doona, pillow case, stack everything in one spot and then carefully lift furniture. once you have finished one room start in the next......check your curtain rails as well. good luck. if you do find a hole it will be a while until it comes out or moves to the roof. its definately not a nice feeling.

When I lost my snake she was under the powerboard behind the tv, but the next day we were told by Snake ranch (who we bought her from-checking up on us hehe) that a good place to look is in beind fridges and even in the VCR because its sooo warm in there... I'm glad my little girl wasn't in there... Good luck!!! I'm sure about 90% of us at one stage have lost a snake so we know what your going through

the worst thing was when i lost Loki was i was to scared to use the toaster, aircon, oven or anything else he could possible be hiding in and get hurt,..

no rubbish was taken out, no washing or cooking got done,...lucky i found him 24hours later,....

doors and windows to the outside shut and towels jammed against them

when i'd called his breeder he said he could easily hide in a match box, yours is probably a bit bigger but could still easily hide anywhere,...so make sure nothing leaves the house till youve found him.

Loki was a 2 month old bredli at teh time, about 50-60cms long,....

pretty amazing what he could hide in!! :)

doors and windows to the outside shut and towels jammed against them

good idea!!! Look everywhere. My mum found my 6ft carpert hidden in my laundry basket (with washing to the roof in it) and when she pourd the cloths in the washihg machine he came out with them. Didn't wash him though. But she sure as hell got a fright!!!:D

Crazy_snake08, does your mum like snakes?? I'm still getting used of my little 65cm spotted and I would freak seeing her go into a washing machine let alone a 6 FOOT CARPET!!! I would've slammed the washing machine door!! hehehe

She loves snakes. But not when they come out at you my surprise!!! He's jsut over 7ft now and he's stayed like that for a while. When he was poured in, he wrapped himself around the "turner-thing" in hte middle and he tried to snap at mum. So she called me up at work and had to come and get him out!! It was a good way to get off work :)!!!

I remember hearing once that a good way to find a lost snake that is hungry is to put a rat or mouse into a spray bottle filled with warm water. Then spray around the house randomly. The snake is supposedly meant to be attracted to the smell of the rat water and should come out into view. I've never tried this though so not sure if it would work but may be worth a try. Good luck!

I remember hearing once that a good way to find a lost snake that is hungry is to put a rat or mouse into a spray bottle filled with warm water. Then spray around the house randomly. The snake is supposedly meant to be attracted to the smell of the rat water and should come out into view. I've never tried this though so not sure if it would work but may be worth a try. Good luck!

I love my snakes, but I'm not sure I'd be keen on drenching my house with rat juice to find them! :shock:

I went to show the inlaws my new baby Bredli the other day, lifted her hide and not under that, know worries under news paper, lifted that and no!!! My heart sunk i Quickly shut room off and started searchin near enclosure working out. When all of a sudden she sticks her head out of hide box, must have been up inside it. so i know the feelin of loosin one or almost anyway. Hope yours turns up somewhere.

I found her !!!

its alright people i found her just then she is fine i upturned my hole room for nothing cause i went to a break from searching and i sat down and up she came and sat on my shoulder when i was in the arm chair i was releived and annoyed at the same time cause i have to put my room back together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back