Need help re Ceramics what's the difference.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
Hi was just looking at trying to buy some ceramics from eBay. Noticed that some are 110,120,220,230,240 volts. Whats the difference hetween all these. Which ones do we use here in Australia. Can somebody help me out. Cheers Hus

110 and 120 are for American power. Europe and Australia use 230 so the 220, 230 and 240 would be suitable to use here

110 and 120 are for American power. Europe and Australia use 230 so the 220, 230 and 240 would be suitable to use here

Ok thanks for the reply. So between 220,230,240 there is no difference. All I have to worry about is that I get appropriate wattage. For an enclosure 900*600*600 would you say 150 watt would be ok.

The wattage you will need depends on your average ambient room temperature and the enclosure ventilation. 150watts sounds ok, on a thermostat of course - you must cover it as reptiles will burn if they touch it (you will too).
Not all ceramics are created equal, some have a thin nichrome wire inside them, others have a woven metal cable - you get what you pay for.

Zoo Med ones put out the most heat from the ones I have used and are small in size too. Get them from Amazon $15 US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back