Need help with a case of neuro

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by Herptology, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Herptology

Herptology Well-Known Member

hi guys, I’m in a bit of a hard place at the moment..

Since hatching there has been a single individual with the wobbles, which I assumed was a very light case of neuro and didn’t think too much past that as he stopped for about 2 weeks since I didn’t touch him or move him as I didn’t want to stress him out and make the neuro worse

Anyway last night it was like it’s gone up a notch in severity as I was cleaning his tub

I’m not too sure what to do, whether to euthanise or see how he goes as he does feed (fed well last week)

Here’s a video I got of him last night

PS: it’s only just the one and he’s been doing it since he’s come out of the egg that I had to cut, so maybe he wasn’t meant to be (a day after all the others fully hatched, he still hadn’t pipped) :(

If anyone’s wondering, I will NOT be selling this animal, HOWEVER if anyone is experienced with neuro animals, and in western Sydney, you are more than welcome to take it and look after it :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. Flaviemys purvisi

Flaviemys purvisi Very Well-Known Member

Looks like it's got Parkinson's disease. :p

Herptology likes this.
  3. Herptology

Herptology Well-Known Member

I’ve decided to make the choice to euthanise the animal, as he seemed to be getting worse,

May have just been because I was looking at him more and more and noticing it more and more

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020