Need help! With scorpion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Malas

Reaction score
My black rock scorpion (urodacus manicatus) gave birth and im not sure what the best way to feed the mother is with out the babies falling off or dying.

Just stun or immobilise a cricket or woody or whatever you normally feed it so it doesn't struggle and put up too much resistance and offer it to her with feeding tongs. The babies will remain on her back until they've had their first moult which won't take long, after they mould, they will clamber off the mother's back and disperse.

Here is a related thread from a few years back.
https://www.aussiepythons.com/forum...ock-scorpion-had-babies-and-need-help.218323/

What's the best way to immobilise a cricket, I tried offering her one and she rejected it. Thanks

I chuck crickets in the fridge overnight (warmest part of the fridge- which for me in the top door shelf) and they’re pretty much out of it by morning. Usually takes them a good 5-10mins to start moving, and even then they’re very sluggish. Generally I don’t lose any to the process.

Or you could try pinching the legs off. Not a pleasant thing, but if your scorpion won’t eat something that’s still, taking off all the legs will allow it to wriggle but not really move around much

I appreciate the advice, I'll try it out once I get home
[doublepost=1547427305,1547358587][/doublepost]Once I got home I noticed the half dead cricket I out in was gone, looks like she's eating, thanks for advice

Sorry to bother again, but I've noticed the second Black rock scorpion also has babies on its back, I'm certain it's male any idea if this is normal for them to do?

It wasnt gravid when I got it, I only got them a few weeks ago along with a gravid Flinders (urodacus elongatus) not sure if it's prego or just needs to moult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back