need snake identified please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterducks7889

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone earlier this evening i found a smallish dark brown coloured looking snake underneath the cat litter tray it would be no more than 20cm long if that very slender and has a yellow line under its head almost straight across unlike the crowned snake???? which goes full around like a helmet and it is definately not a yellow face whip snake as it doesn't have the tear shaped eyes any help would be greatly appreciative?

Have you tried looking at legless lizards or smaller snakes?

hey im just worried its not a brown snake ill post some pics up tommorow evening and maybe it will give off a better idea than my description!

No pics yet?

As Australis said, a locality might help. In fact, it often allows one to narrow down the possibilities considerably. Also a bit of a description. Was the head indistinguishable (i.e. same width) from the neck, slightly wider or quite distinct from? What colour was the ventral surface? I am going to presume you meant a yellow line ‘behind’ the head, rather than ‘under’. I presume by use of the term ‘line’ is was around 1-2 mm wide.

It sounds like it could be a Dwarf Crowned Snake (Cacophis krefftii) if you are in coastal southern half of Qld or the top half NSW but without more info that is just a guess.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back