Need some advice

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by tasdevil, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasdevil

tasdevil Not so new Member

Is it safe to put together a diamond and a jungle carpet python together in one enclosure? The diamond is already an adult ( 150cm ) while the jungle is just a juvenile ( 80cm ) :rolleyes:

2. MesseNoire

MesseNoire Well-Known Member

3. CrystalMoon

CrystalMoon Reptile Lover Subscriber

No because jungles and Diamonds need different heat/humidity requirements for starters. You will get different answers from keepers in regard to housing snakes together of the same species at the best of times. I choose not to as I wont risk any harm/death to my Pythons, however some keepers do run the gauntlet.

4. It is NEVER wise to confine two pythons together in the same enclosure (except for breeding) unless it's in an aviary with lots of space, and you'll run an even greater risk with one being almost double the size of the other. Things may go smoothly for an indeterminate period of time, then one day you'll come home to a bloodbath, and one or two dead snakes.

Of course you'll get a few people saying they do it without trouble, but it's usually only a matter of (sometimes a long) time.

Jamie

5. Riffherper

Riffherper Well-Known Member

No and even more no given the fact that you need to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.