Need some advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasdevil

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to put together a diamond and a jungle carpet python together in one enclosure? The diamond is already an adult ( 150cm ) while the jungle is just a juvenile ( 80cm ) :rolleyes:

No because jungles and Diamonds need different heat/humidity requirements for starters. You will get different answers from keepers in regard to housing snakes together of the same species at the best of times. I choose not to as I wont risk any harm/death to my Pythons, however some keepers do run the gauntlet.

It is NEVER wise to confine two pythons together in the same enclosure (except for breeding) unless it's in an aviary with lots of space, and you'll run an even greater risk with one being almost double the size of the other. Things may go smoothly for an indeterminate period of time, then one day you'll come home to a bloodbath, and one or two dead snakes.

Of course you'll get a few people saying they do it without trouble, but it's usually only a matter of (sometimes a long) time.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back