Need the experts to ID this male please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffcoat

Reaction score
So for Christmas I bought my better half's brother this lil guy. He was sold as a red carpet. I think its a red coastal and Vince thinks its a Bredli. Can someone settle this once and for all please :p

huje4aje.jpg

2uratepy.jpg

2adu7u6y.jpg

Thanks so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Mate im not an expert but I can tell you that's definitely a bredli.

I'm not an expert either but to me that looks 95% bredi and 5% something else. That something is in possible ,for me at least, to tell what it is but it's definitely there. Perhaps a costal not sure either way its a good looking snake not something I would want but I have to admit its rather appealing in colour and patten.:)

I'm not an expert either but to me that looks 95% bredi and 5% something else. That something is in possible ,for me at least, to tell what it is but it's definitely there. Perhaps a costal not sure either way its a good looking snake not something I would want but I have to admit its rather appealing in colour and patten.:)

Why 5% something else?

Well up towards the head it starts to forum coastal type patterning and it looks a little dull in colouring for bredi so that's why 5% but like I said I'm not an expert in the snake area ,so there's a fairly even to high chance that I'm wrong.

16112009737.jpgBredli. Looks exactly like mine when he was a little fellow back in 2009

Last edited:
One question that should be asked is

Why was it sold as a red carpet?

Could it be a cross sibling from either jag or any other mix that probably included bredli??

There is not one single indication visually that it is anything other than 100% Bredli.

I must ask can someone show me a 'red carpet(coastal?)' - never seen nor heard of one...

Badsville

thats why I suspect its a sibling of some type
If it was pure bredli it would have been sold as bredli

But a say bredli/jungle or diamond or coastal mix will throw out some mixes and some that look like one parent or the other
Same thing happens with jag mixes

The future of knowing what to call those ones is pretty murky at present

Of course you haven't. You don't live in America.

Now I would be 95% sure its a sibling
Pure bredli are worth a lot more there than any mixture that really has no true identification called red carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back