Need the experts to ID this male please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. A Sibling is a brother or sister, not sure what you think it means.... perhaps a crossbreed?
2. It definitely has a Bredli look about it....a dull one, but it may redden up.

Last edited:
When two subspecies are bred together you get a mixture of results

some will look like mum
some will look like dad
some will look like a mixture of both and are sold as cross breeds or whatever

But the ones that look like mum or dad cannot be sold as pure anymore
as far as I understand it thats what they call siblings in regards to mixtures with snakes

In America pure locales are like rocking horse spit
Siblings are very common
So if it was pure bredli I am sure it would have been sold as pure bredli

Jack you are correct that a bredli is a red carpet
But a pure bredli gets a much better price os than some unidentified carpet snake

I only thought 5% because it was dull ,had similar patterns to a costal and a pure bred bredi is rather expensive and not as easy to obtain as ,for example, a children's or a diamond python.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't bredlis start off fairly dull, brightening as they age? I'd say bredli.

Dont forget that its in USofA
Not in Australia

Pure locales are always advertised there as PURE and fetch good money if ancestry can be proven

Although there is no doubt it has bredli in it
exactly what it is is anyones guess

with the recent popularity of bredli jags there
my money would be on bredli/jag sibling

Well up towards the head it starts to forum coastal type patterning and it looks a little dull in colouring for bredi so that's why 5% but like I said I'm not an expert in the snake area ,so there's a fairly even to high chance that I'm wrong.
U mean towards its head it has Bredli patterning... Bredli 100%...all look like this when young

Bredli :p Looks only like a hatcho though :D

thanks guys me and buff werent for sure what kind of carpet it was

Only the breeder will be able to tell you
It definitely has bredli in it
Impossible to even guess if there is anything else

Only you know what you paid
If you paid pure bredli price it possibly is bredli
If you paid carpet price its probably a mixture

I couldn't guarantee thats pure Bredli but visually there is no reason at all to think there is anything else in it.
Just because it wasn't sold as a Bredli doesn't mean its a mix.
It's in America, and not all breeders are the smartest people on earth. Chances of a misclassification by an uneducted breeder is just as possible as a misclassification by an uneducated buyer. It was sold as a 'red carpet' when there is no such thing is a good indicator of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back