Need to vent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliherp

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry for making another nonsense thread. I just need to vent my frustrations to someone willing to listen to my bs. Two monthes ago everything was going better then I ever could have hoped. Jump forward to last month my mom got some bad news. Her cancer has returned with vengeance. Shes stage 3 now. For those of you who may be wondering we are doing intensive radiation with a minor amount of kemo. Knowing what my mother has gone threw in the past (again this is her second time dealing with cancer) also keeping in mind the statics the doctor told us, my hopes are not high. Even so I have faith in modern medicine, so I was hoping for the best.

My girlfiend (of 6 years now) has has some abnormal bleeding for just over a month now. We have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months now to no avail. The doctor told us she has stage two ovarian cancer. To be honest im a tough minded person. I only worry about things when its absolutely critical, but these circumstances have left a pit in my stomach.

Please don't get this post twisted. I am not looking for a pity party, and I most definitely not looking for anyones sorrow. I guess I just want to know im not alone in my struggles.

I hope your guys are having a better month then I am.

Regards, Patfrick

hang in there brother! Try and be strong. We are here for you!

I had Ovarian cancer, long story short they removed the ovary 10 and a half years ago. I was told I wouldn't be able to have any-more Children, have a hysterectomy. I being me said no, and voila` I have a 9 year old Daughter. I am saddened to hear of your Mom's horrid battle. But please take heart and know that Ovarian cancer can be cured and that there still may be hope for Children in the future. Thinking of you and yours
Crystal

Seems like these things often come in multiples Patrick, I'm sorry for the stress you must be feeling atm. All you can do is tackle the problems as single entities and work through them individually, despite the temptation to put the diseases and their possible consequences into one big bundle which will be difficult to move. Despite our best intentions, life is never predictably fair...

On a more practical note, and considering the difficulties and costs of the US health system, how are you going as far as managing the enormous costs of treatment we often hear about down here? Do you have health insurance? Is the Obamacare thing working better now that it's been up & running for a while now?

Take care mate, Jamie

Sorry to hear mate, I can too have had to see family go through the cancer battle. All I can say is it is better to talk about it, it stops things building up inside. Stay strong mate.

No , Vent away !!

My 3 golfing partners were all diagnosed with various forms of cancer 3 years ago:( (brain tumour, throat and kidney ) lots of chemo ,radiation and goodness knows what else but they are all still with us today :D . so there is always hope !!

Like one other said, vent away, with huge things like this that are beyond your control it's better to talk and know there are others facing similar difficulties than to let it build and brood until you can't contain it anymore.

Put some of her eggs on ice just in case things get worse. Hang in there bud your ladies need you!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back