Nephrurus Sheai!! What are my Chances??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddly_pony

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all

What are my chances of getting ahold of a Nephrurus Sheai (Kimberly Rough Knob-Tail) I had my heart set on a amaye or asper because I loooove the look of them but was devestated when I found they werent aloud to be kept in WA :cry: so I then found the sheais and loved them to pieces
I know they are expensive but does anyone have any info on who is breeding with them or has some available
Any other info and experiences with them would be great Piccies too please :D
Thanks in advance!!!

Levis04 Has her inbox full bugger it
Oh well Hopefully levis will come across this thread and reply!!
Thanks for the help Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant keep them mate!

I was keeping one before DEC caught me with it and you DO NOT want to get caught keeping offlicence reptiles, it sucks!!

The Gecko lives at Perth Zoo now with the Banded Knob tail gecko i had aswell :oops:

Read the keeping list for WA!

Do you even have a reptile licence?

Attachments

• appr_reptile_lists_2003.pdf
    182.6 KB · Views: 61
Cant keep them mate!

I was keeping one before DEC caught me with it and you DO NOT want to get caught keeping offlicence reptiles, it sucks!!

The Gecko lives at Perth Zoo now with the Banded Knob tail gecko i had aswell :oops:

Read the keeping list for WA!

Do you even have a reptile licence?

what did they sting you for those...

Hopefully not much...

A guy gave me them and they were skinny as hell, never seen geckos that skinny in my life.

I took them into my care just to get them back to Health and didn't I hand them in to DEC as I have only ever heard stories of DEC putting all the reptiles they get to sleep and didn’t want to know that these geckos got put asleep, then in the interview with a DEC officer found out that they don’t put ever reptile to sleep.

I just hope DEC thinks I did a good thing for bringing them back to good health from what they used to be like.

Hopefully not much...

A guy gave me them and they were skinny as hell, never seen geckos that skinny in my life.
I took them into my care just to get them back to Health and didn't I hand them in to DEC as I have only ever heard stories of DEC putting all the reptiles they get to sleep and didn’t want to know that these geckos got put asleep, then in the interview with a DEC officer found out that they don’t put ever reptile to sleep.

I just hope DEC thinks I did a good thing for bringing them back to good health from what they used to be like.

how'd you get caught?

Random inspection.

A guy was caught with 2 Solomon island boas near me so DEC did a inspection in the area and found the 2 geckos...

I have read the list yes
But I was given a list by someone on here that also said I could keep them here along with some others....
Which states are aloud to keep them??
Gosh its hard to get valid info from different people............
Licence is in the process of getting approved :)

Every state has different laws and very few people know all of them, only seek info from people who live in your state, but really it's best to seek out the rules and regs from the horses mouth, the authorities (though they can get it wrong from time to time too). Sheai can be kept (as far as I know) in SA, NSW, Qld and NT.

Oh WA is not aloud to keep any of the ones I like!!!!! Golly Gosh No amaye or sheai for me :(
Its all good I still like the look of the Knobbies will have to go with that one
Any one want to share pics of their smooth Knob tails?
Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back