Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I heard along the grapevine Nephrurus wheeleri are kept in captivity.
Just wondering if they have been bred? Will there be any avaliable in the near future?
Anybody guess their price??? (I imagine they will go for a pretty penny).

wheeleri

yes there is nephrurus wheeleri cintus an heard on grapevine today that they were bred this year

any idea how much they will go for roughly?

heard the same rumour

from what I can gather they are available in captivity and have been bred
the price for pairs was $4500 .. ouch

Ouch alright!! But I would probably be tempted to pay that. They are gorgeous knobbies.

they certainly are nice looking and probably a worthwhile investment if only a small number are being bred

I would pay it in a heartbeat, with no regrets.

Pfft... my friend in Cameroon has some and he's giving them away for free! You just need to pay the freight. ;)

wheeleri

they r very nice iam not into geckoes but when i saw one in the flesh i can see why people will pay that much for them i have a photo of one of them i saw on photobucket.com just type in acanthophis n press search then click on view acanthophis album n its in there

wheelericinctus.jpg

Nice geckos, be it wheeleri or cinctus.
Jordan

Urodacus did you photograph that animal?

i recently asked npws why they had been removed from class 1 licence and was told that there were none legally available anywhere in australia

The animals in captivity would have had to be collected with a take from the wild permit so there may be some restritions placed against selling there prodjony (sp)?? Other then that I dont know why they sat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back