Netted dragon advice and help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting a netted dragon as they are very active and what i have heard they are a good dragon for beginners just need some advice.

is a 3 foot tank big enough for 2 females or should I get a 4 foot tank

How much should they usually cost

and best substrate and the tempreture I need

oh and if this helps I live in Victoria, Melbourne

3 foot will be fine, 4 foot is always better. Make sure they are two females if that's what you think u r getting. Price varies, I have seen them from between $120 to $250. Apparently they don't have a long life span i.e. 7-8 or thereabouts, but there have been exceptions.

U might have to search high and low as there are not that many around. I have 6 eggs in an incubator at the moment so I will see how they end up.

Temperature = hot....they r a desert, warm-hot climate animal. Say a 38-40 degree hot spot, even more. They thermo-regulate so if its too hot they will move elsewhere. Must provide a thermal gradient though.

Substrate I use is Kritters Crumble course or fine.

Desert sand is ok but discoloration can occur using this.

My boy

I have a Central Netted Dragon (male) his name is Bingo!
They are amazing animals, very active during the day at night they will start to clam down. they need heat to be able to eat an digest properly, best if they get natural sunlight. they love to jump an climb they also run very very fast! my boy would rather be hand fed the sook. you can not place 2 males or more together as they will fight.

I just got one this morning and i can stop looking at it when i walk past as he's nearly always moving and watching me as i walk past. I highly recommend getting one even though i have only had mine for a day cause they have they best personality. But basically just set the tank up to look like a desert and they'll thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back