Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I climbed up onto my roof to get a better view of an approaching thunderstorm, and managed to enjoy both my hobbies at once. There was a Pink Tongue out basking on the roof, and had obviously been living in my roof for some time through winter judging by his poor condition, so I thought I would put him in the garden below where there's plenty of snails he could get into.

I have been bitten by one of these things once before but it was very young, and it still hurt like hell, this one was 20 times worse, amazing jaw power for a small lizard, looks can be deceiving. Also I think if it wasn't on the fingernail it wouldn't have hurt so much.
Had him latched on for a good 20 minutes, very painful! I wouldn't recommend it.
Would hate to think what a full grown adult could do! Any one else been bitten by one of these bastards?

Picture095.jpg

Picture094.jpg

And some more of some recent critters, the juvie Green Tree Snake was rescued from a stomping at work.
Photo0366.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Plenty of these around
Picture109.jpg

They are beautiful lizards but I would not want to be bitten by one. Their jaws look powerful.

Regards,
David

thats cool you have heaps of herps around that frog looks awesome what type is it?

Ive just had a baby Bluey bite me before it hanged on for 10 minutes straight, there super hard to get off, Nice offer herps.
Thanks Tim.

i had an adult pink tongue latch on to my finger once i have girly hands so it crushed my nail and my finger was black and blue for a while i would hate to get bitten by my blue tongue recken he'd crush the bone!!

Believe it or not, I purposefully got one to bite me about a year ago, and was sadly disappointed with the outcome. All I can think of is that is wasn't actually fully into it, even though it was putting on a good threat display :(

never been bitten by one, though got my thumb stuck in the corner of a Shinglebacks mouth... I hope thats the last time that happens...

I too thought their bite wouldn't be much, I was very surprised. After he let go he sat in the same spot in the garden for a good 30 mins after using all his energy on my finger haha.

I have a few more of the Pink Tongue but they are out of focus unfortunately, and no more pics of the GTS, only took the one pic on my phone before putting him in a bit of bush.

I'm no good with these little frogs, but I think its a Copper-Backed Broodfrog, could be a Red-Backed though, I'm sure someone will enlighten us.

Yea it was but both P. coriacea and raveni have the marbled ventral surface, I should have taken more time to look at it and take some half decent photos of it.

great pic's good pic of the bite hurts like hell hay? mum got her first snake for the season today in her front yard haha she don't like them cant wait to see if the green bugger comes back this year

I'd say that frog is P. raveni or an intergrade. Several Pseud. species overlap in SE Qld.
Nice photos, I've never seen a pink tongued skink.

Aaron

Beauty pink tongue.
I used to let my adult shingle chew on me till one day i found a tooth, didnt know they had any!!

I'd say that frog is P. raveni or an intergrade. Several Pseud. species overlap in SE Qld.
Nice photos, I've never seen a pink tongued skink.

Aaron

??? P raveni?? their all just different versions of the same thing ;), splitters gone mad I tell you!! :lol:, my updated version of Tylers is still in the bag :lol:

Beauty pink tongue.
I used to let my adult shingle chew on me till one day i found a tooth, didnt know they had any!!

It must of just been toying with you... they only have tiny teeth, but it's the shear pressure they have that causes the pain!!! my thumb went black, couldn't of done a better job with a hammer. next time try the corner of their jaw and make sure it's an angry one :lol:

Dan, I too know your pain only mine was a bluey ...it left my finger bleeding ,bruised and my daughter screaming with laughter as I was trying to get it off!....I sucked back my tears and put on a brave face ...and placed the baby bluey back and vowed never to underestimate these little fella's again :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back