Never thought it would be me...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asharee133

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just need help. My python got out last night, it was my fault as i overlooked the 4mm gap in between the glass. i totally forgot she could get out. i have a heat mat and a hide ontop of that under my bed, and a strong heater in the end of the house she could be so she doesn't get too cold and die. there is no way she could get outside, the cats haven't got her because there would be blood, they dont eat things, they just kill them, so none have got her. i have the house all shut off from where the cats can get her, its all carpet, so would i be able to put talc powder down?
please help. i do realise its entierly my fault and i feel very guilty and shamefull because i was responsible for that life, now i dont even know where she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope you find her Asharee. I've seen heaps of different tips for finding lost snakes posted here... have you done a search for lost snake? Plastic bags, flour, etc. You prob already know most of them. Good luck.
Nic

Hey it happens:)

It'll be close most likly mine never go further than the reptile room really.
What I do is wait till there most active usually at night (for mine about 6-8) turn off all the lights, tv's and anyhting that makes noise. Wait a bit like an hour or so then go out with a torch and see if you can find it.

I found all mine within a day so you should be fine.
goooooodluck:)

:( She probably hasn't gone far, have you torn the room apart looking for her (I'm guessing you have)
Check in old threads for hints? You probably know most of them.
Plastic bags ? may help instead of talc?
A rat on a heat mat?
Wait till its very dark late tonight, turn all the lights of, use a torch (covered with red cellophane) and wait.
Re-search all previously searched areas.
Good luck :)

She is probably still in the same room, Ash. You know all the tricks - heat and food, plastic bags, do a test patch of talc to make sure it vacuums out fine. And look everywhere in the room - there's a good chance she hasn't gone very far! Good luck!

major bumma mate,..when Loki was young he escaped too, i took a day off work and tore my whole flat apart with no luck, i sat around in the dark that night and every 10 mins did a lap of the place, found him around 1am in the room opposite his, aout to duck back behind a tall boy!!!

try putting empty drink cans on furniture so when it uses them to climb it knocks them off, scrunched up plastic bags behind furniture so u can hear them rustle,....

good luck with ur search, i hope ur as lucky as i was!!

if it managed to squeeze through a 4mm gap i wouldn't guarantee that is still in the house ! but i have my fingers crossed that you manage to find him,

The way I found mine was to put a hole in a plastic container that was just big enough for the snake to get in, then put a rat in and put it on a heat mat. Came back a few hours later and here was curled up in there happily. He probably could've got out if he squeezed, but if you make it the right size they shouldn't be able to.

Sorry to hear you lost your spotted Ash, I am sure she will turn up safe and sound.
Cathy

Hi Asharee

About 8 weeks ago our Darwin got out and we looked EVERYWHERE! Inside and under everything we put out plastic bags and talcum powder but to no avail..
Snuck around with the torch in the middle of the night.. did everything we could to find him.

Then one night a couple of weeks ago a shot glass fell off the bottom shelf in the pantry so we went to see what the noise was and lo and behold there he was.
only about 5-8 metres from his enclosure he must of missed us as he gave my partner a little love bite :)

Last week as i was cleaning out the shelves I found he had left us a big dirty present on the 3rd shelf.

I hope you find your spotted and don't give up hope! With any luck it will just show up one day like ours did!

Fingers crossed

i've checked EVERYWHERE, under every wardrobe, in everything, ontop, i'm hoping one of the cats didn't eat her :( but me and mum were thinking that there would be blood wouldn't there? and the mouse on the heatmat went horribly wrong :lol: dont you love waking up to the smell of exploded mouse...

4mm?
Just how small is your snake?
Not having a go at you at all, its just that I wouldn't have thought they could squeeze out of a gap that small, 4mm is not very big.
Paranoid about my enclosure now, got a glass guy coming over in about 5 minutes to quote me for the glass sliders on the front of mine, must be sure he understands the importance of NO gaps by the sound of it.
Best of luck with your baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back