New addition to the family

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffcoat

Reaction score
I've always wanted a Brazilian Rainbow Boa. I went to another reptile show today and came home with this little gem.

tydy9atu.jpg

qetava2y.jpg

She's nameless so any help would be appreciated. She's also in shed so she's a bit dull on the color. I can't wait to watch this one grow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so Po because Australia don't let us have Animals that aren't native to australia:x. I would trade almost anything for one. I love Brazilian rainbow boas they have to be one of my favourite reptiles of all time and I know I most likely will never own one but they are on top of my wish list. Good luck with her. She will get really big. I think you should chose her name based on her personality. Congrats on the buy I would love to see some pics when she is in full beautiful colour.:D You are so damn lucky.

Congrats. It's looking good. Is seems like a lot of people are going nuts for them in the states.

She is absolutely stunning! :D I can't wait to see more photos of her and watch her grow with you, you are so lucky, I wish Australia would allow us to have some un-native pythons!

Omg I am sooo jealous! She is absolutely delightful and I think you should call her Jewel.

Omg I am sooo jealous! She is absolutely delightful and I think you should call her Jewel.

I like that name. I'll run it by the better half and see what she says.

Thank you all for the compliments. Once she settles in I'll be adding more photos of her.

Very cute. I love the chunky head. Look forward to seeing pics as she grows. For what its worth I think Jewel would suit her.

She seems to have a real "Magnetic" personality!8)

Get it? because the picture is upside down, looks like shes stuck.. no? ok i will go now...

All jokes aside, that's a stunning animal, congrats.

when i first decided to 'get into' snakes, i went looking on google like the noob i was and found the rainbow boa and fell in lurv..... if i ever move oversease this will be on my hit list. (in a good way ! )

I said you her name should relate to her persernality. Stuff that idea she should be called jewel or gem either one would be a perfect name for such a beautiful snake and she looks so beautiful even though she's in shed ,which means she is a bit dull in colour until she is finished shedding. As soon as she's done you must post some pics ,or I will chase you all around world.:Dhaha

Call her rainbow ,good name as well mate but jewel or gem would be better.

I saw an adult one of these at the Ballarat Wildlife park the other day and it looked so fierce! Then I remembered this beautiful, gorgeous little thing with her amazing colours and huge eyes and I totally see how we get completely sucked in lol.

Nice looking Brazilian there, much nicer I think than the Colombian Rainbows. Kaleidoscope for a name?

Thanks for all the kind replies! She's really settling in nicely for us. She had her first meal with me. Her click clack is spot on...83 hot 77 middle and 74 cold with a rh of 92%.

I approached better half with the name Jewel. She shot it down. We decided on Lola. I'm OK with that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back