New Addition!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, next week I'll be getting 10 crabs and 6 baby centipedes, but for the moment I've received a centipede from a guy in S.A that arrived today... Was packaged a little oddly:? But I've made the recommendation to him for next time to fix it! It seems to have a half dead feeler, and a half re-grown terminal leg... When it arrived it was very thirsty as it went around drinking the droplets of water on the glass. Also quite hungry as the cricket that was in there didn't last 30 seconds! Didn't have a camera with me though:cry:

Anyway here are some photos (this one is much smaller than the escaped one.. I hope they're the same species so this one will grow!)

Pede008.jpg

Pede006.jpg

Pede005.jpg

Pede004.jpg

Pede003.jpg

Pede002.jpg

Pede001.jpg

Hope the photos aren't too rubbish!

While I might be creeped out by centipedes, the photos are great! They show clearly the creepiness of the beastie ;)

Sorry to hear he wasn't packaged very well, but it sounds like he's doing great now.

Make sure to post pics of the crabs when you recieve them. I love crabs! :D

though mildly unnerving, they are good pics. but i know little about these creepy crawlies, so forgive me asking; which end is the head?

In the first three pictures the head is on the left. It's a redder colour.
Since I posted he seemed to have realised the cricket in the tnk was edible, and ate his 2nd cricket of the day. Amazing how quick they die. It's literally a 2 second struggle before it's over. He finished ths cricket in 3 minutes. Not a trace. Except a hindleg that fell off... But he's just finishing that now after finding it!!!
These pics aren't great as I was sort of panicking trying to get photos.
pede2004.jpg

pede2003.jpg

pede2002.jpg

pede2001.jpg

While I posted those photos he finished the leg and is now cruising his tank! So awesome...

It looks very evil!! Mean little beady eyes and huge pincers!

SWING: I haven't named it yet. Suggestions?

found a stunning orange pede last night but thinking i would get nothing i only had 1 container with me so had to toss it when i found the scorps.

Argh hornet! I would've taken it off your hands no worries!!
Looking forward to you getting back, and seeing what business we may or may not be able to do mate!

beesagtig: this is his tank, with furnishings. Substrate is not quite what I would have liked, but it's all I had in my room. Is cocofibre, but mostly red sand and very fine gravel.

extra001.jpg

extra002.jpg

And some extras because, hey, why not?

extra010.jpg

extra009.jpg

extra008.jpg

extra007.jpg

extra006.jpg

extra006.jpg

I'm really shocking with a camera.. but you can see the big pincers in some of those photos!

he looks like a goldfish swimming around in circles in the first 2 pics :lol:

nice enclosure, the substrate looks awesome!

Do you need any special licenses to keep them?

Duke: mate I have no clue as to the scientific name.. I tried to I.D it using the CSIRO key, but it's so small and moves so quick it's very difficult to look at the little details... I managed to end out with the species name Scolopendra morsitans but that is by no means an accurate I.D... There're plenty of species it could be... I wish it was Ethmostigmus rubripes ... they're the Aussie 'giants'. This one cost me 25 bucks including postage, but I probably should've asked for less. Got sent to me from a guy in S.A

Beesagtig: substrate should be deeper and should ideally be a 50/50 cocopeat/sand mix... No special licences at all. Make sure they can't get out. Keep the substrate damp (not soaked, but damped) as they dry out fairly easily. They bite too. Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back