New Boa Constrictor.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromanic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So, long story short, today I went to Pets and Aquatics in Manchester to take a look at the snakes and with intentions on purchasing a Royal Python or a Dwarf Boa like a Hog Island. Instead, I came home with a one year old Boa Constrictor. Don't get me wrong, I might have got her on a bit of a whim because I fell in love, but I have done my research on Boa's in the past because one day I'd like to work with snakes completely and build a life around them.

However, that does not change the fact that Dante (I know, she's female but It's a cool name) Is my first snake.

She's currently in a small tank (She's being upgraded to a much larger and more appropriate one this Friday when it arrives) with a hot spot of 90F and a cool area of around 85F (With help from our central heating since the heat mat only reaches around 75F alone). She's just kind of chilling out, looking around, the usual.

Earlier today she regurgitated the rat she'd been fed by the people at the pet store who told me they'd fed her three or four days ago (But the rat she spat out was almost whole, making me think that she was in fact fed one or two days ago, but I'm not entirely sure).

Anyone have any good advice on caring for her? I'm well aware of the basics, feeding, handling etc. Just anything else that might help me be the best 'owner' I can be for her? I want the rest of her life to be happy, comfortable and enjoyable!

Attachments

• Im purty.jpg
    Im purty.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 450
Hey Pyromanic

I dont know if many here would know anything specific to keeping boas as we cant own there here legally. Maybe some of the other overseas herpers can help :). She is pretty! I remember visiting some pet shops over in the UK when i lived there for a year or so, you guys have a great selection of reps!

It may be better to ask specific questions about what you wanted to know. If you have the basics down then she will be very happy. Good heat, humidity, regular feeding and somewhere to hide usally = happy snake :)

Where you at? I stayed in Reading while i was there, its weird but the only thing I miss are the 24hr Asdas and Sainsburys etc! :p

She is gorgeous! I have a little Stimson python called Dante too :)

There's the basics for caring for any snake which you already know. You will need to take due care when handling,being aware of her size. Good luck with her, she's really cool

Hey Pyromanic

I dont know if many here would know anything specific to keeping boas as we cant own there here legally. Maybe some of the other overseas herpers can help :). She is pretty! I remember visiting some pet shops over in the UK when i lived there for a year or so, you guys have a great selection of reps!

It may be better to ask specific questions about what you wanted to know. If you have the basics down then she will be very happy. Good heat, humidity, regular feeding and somewhere to hide usally = happy snake :)

Where you at? I stayed in Reading while i was there, its weird but the only thing I miss are the 24hr Asdas and Sainsburys etc! :p

I live in a little village called Hollingworth, not too far from Manchester :D I'll be moving back to Staffordshire though in August :)

It's such a shame they're illegal where you are! D: I know there have been a few issues with big snakes escaping and eating peoples cats and what not )X <3 and thankyou! :D I'll post some more specific questions ^^ I definately have the basics sorted :3 I just wanna' make sure her life here is perfect ^^

Living in/near Manchester.....thoughts of 'humidity' made me laugh (central heating aside) :D

"Manchester, so much to answer for" ;)

All the best with Dante.

I live in a little village called Hollingworth, not too far from Manchester :D I'll be moving back to Staffordshire though in August :)

It's such a shame they're illegal where you are! D: I know there have been a few issues with big snakes escaping and eating peoples cats and what not )X <3 and thankyou! :D I'll post some more specific questions ^^ I definately have the basics sorted :3 I just wanna' make sure her life here is perfect ^^
I used to live in Crewe when I was little and my sister is visiting relatives over there at the moment.

Gorgeous Boa!!!! Best of luck with Dante...but where is a tail picture! That is my favorite part of a BCC ^.^

Basking 90 cold 80 ambient 85 humidity 55-65% bump it to 70 or so during sheds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou! <d

This is a full body picture of her with a nice shot of her tail - http://i39.tinypic.com/2621toj.jpg

She is pretty.

My big girl is going through her "dark" phase.

A member on here who doesn't post very much has a very nice collection of boas. Next time I see him I'll take the better half's camera and get some new shots if his collection for y'all to see.

She is pretty.

My big girl is going through her "dark" phase.

A member on here who doesn't post very much has a very nice collection of boas. Next time I see him I'll take the better half's camera and get some new shots if his collection for y'all to see.

Awesome! <3 I'd love to see :D
How big is your girl? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back