NEW DIAMOND PYTHON PAIR from expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful looking snakes mate. When you see what you like you will always pay a little more. Congratulations.

thx guys. i was looking around the expo but i only saw 1 other yearling high yellow diamond from kel worley for $900. were there other diamond yearlings. or 2 year olds in the expo??

yeah, this pair was in the middle of the big stacked up cages (3 in total) so im sure you must have seen them

thx guys. i was looking around the expo but i only saw 1 other yearling high yellow diamond from kel worley for $900. were there other diamond yearlings. or 2 year olds in the expo??

Kel's Diamond that was $900 can not be compared with your two. Kel's had more yellow than black and had an almost unbroken dorsal stripe. How can that be compared with 2 normal Diamonds????

I did see these animals at the Expo, i was also interested in buying a diamond, but NOT for $600 for one animal. Instead i saved my money for a rainy day.

1. my diamonds was from a very reputable breeder who breeds high quality animals
2. kels was not more yellow as i saw it and you are only looking at a photo, not the real thing. these diamonds are actually very yellow in flech and this is not shown in the photo.

i am not saying kels was a rip off, i am saying, this is the normal price for diamonds from reputable breeders which can be bred well like dolittle and kel worley (very reputable).
i would have loved to get kels but it was too much and only one while i wanted a pair to breed.

yeah i got my golds for $600 the pair!, but i got them as hatchies, there 2 yro now as well,
got my whites for $600 the pair last yr and there adults lol,

i would split them up (the yellows) that cage looks a bit cramped for 2, (had my golds in together until they got to that size)
diamonds are more tolerant of company than other pythons, but they have there limitations,
also be sure to separate them when your feeding them too! (accidents can happen)

good jog getting them thou, there some nice high golds.
keep em below 30 degrees and your good

thanks alot for the info. what size cage should i upgrade them to??? it is 1 metre high by 60 or 70 by 60 or 70??.

thanks

Sorry i was not arguing, just stating fact.
1. my diamonds was from a very reputable breeder who breeds high quality animals

I would not pay a 200% premium to obtain animals from a 'reputable' breeder. Some of my best animals have come from 'no name' breeders.
2. kels was not more yellow as i saw it and you are only looking at a photo, not the real thing. these diamonds are actually very yellow in flech and this is not shown in the photo.

i saw both Kel's and the diamonds you purchased. Kels's snake had far more colour on it, and as i said, almost a complete dorsal stripe. I saw the snakes you bought, as i said i was on the hunt for a diamond myself so looked in every cage on the stand where yours was purchased.
i am not saying kels was a rip off, i am saying, this is the normal price for diamonds from reputable breeders which can be bred well like dolittle and kel worley (very reputable).
i would have loved to get kels but it was too much and only one while i wanted a pair to breed.

As i said, yours are beautiful snakes. I'd be happy with them. Just personally would not be happy paying the 'premium' for them.

they are great lookin dimonds who cares wat people say about the price he is happy with them so let him be......and as like baden said he will make his money bak cause they are great quailty pythons

sure i think i got a few pics of them floating around
id split the golds so they get one cage each of the same dimensions of what there in now (together)

attachment.php

one of my "golds" out in the sun, this pic was taken late last yr.
and the other one,
attachment.php

they are a sibling pair and i hope they will breed some nice yellow when they grow up,
mum and did were nice yellow too!

OMG Jay...such a bitch...LOL ;) :lol: I think he was fishing to see what people thought of his purchase, as a young kid that was a lot of money and you need that reassurance if it was a wise or wrong choice... man I have paid $1000's for animals and people have said they are NOT worth it, but to me, they were!
But to think of it I was a dreadful "day trader" on the stock exchange as well!! lol
IMO, they are nice but not comparable to Kels as mentioned and they are the hard truth facts matey... don't despair, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have some UGLY animals according to some and some absolute top shelf stunners according to others...which are the same animals...It's about your love for the ani,mal.....not how much it's worth or how much you'll make. Trust me, don't ever think you can earn a living off reptiles. unless you can set up a Business like the big boys with decades of experience.
Just enjoy the hobby!!!!!

Sorry i was not arguing, just stating fact.
As i said, yours are beautiful snakes. I'd be happy with them. Just personally would not be happy paying the 'premium' for them.

Last edited:
they look great. as for price...well we can't have them down here :-( but i think it sounds fair. i love the enclosure. it is one of my favs from Reptiles inc. i am getting one of their tanks for my dragons.

OMG Jay...such a bitch...LOL ;) :

who me?!?!?!

IMO, they are nice but not comparable to Kels as mentioned and they are the hard truth facts matey...

my point exactly..... (you b*#ch lol)

don't despair, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have some UGLY animals according to some and some absolute top shelf stunners according to others...which are the same animals...It's about your love for the ani,mal.....not how much it's worth or how much you'll make. Trust me, don't ever think you can earn a living off reptiles. unless you can set up a Business like the big boys with decades of experience.
Just enjoy the hobby!!!!!

As i said, they are nice animals.

sure i think i got a few pics of them floating around
id split the golds so they get one cage each of the same dimensions of what there in now (together)

attachment.php

one of my "golds" out in the sun, this pic was taken late last yr.
and the other one,
attachment.php

they are a sibling pair and i hope they will breed some nice yellow when they grow up,
mum and did were nice yellow too!

Beautiful snakes pyrodarknessanny!!! and for half the price !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

thanks jay, come to think of it i've gotten all my snakes for very good prices!
and both pairs of diamond i've purchased based on looks not price.
perhaps i've been lucky, or is it that i have a good eye, lol i don't know.
just gos to show you can find what your after if you do a bit of hunting around.

thx forr all the coments.i am happy with this pair and i think they have a very high yellow colouring and i guess thats the main thing. some can think otherwise but imo these pythons are nice.they also have a great personality and are placid.

if i breed these, could i get some nice coloured hatchlings???

colour is genetic so gold X gold should give all golds , gold x white will give both colour types and white x white should give all whites (with various amounts of black) typically speaking thou any offspring will look like the parents or grand parents, hope that helps clear things up, IMO as hatchies diamonds are the "ugly duckling" of the snake world, turning into that beautiful creature around the 12 month mark. saying that diamonds are certainly one of my favorites, and hope the will long be one of yours too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back