New flooring?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvez

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have always used the coconut husk flooring for my spotted, and i just cleaned out my hatchlings little click clack tub ad figured id fill it with that for a bit of extra warmth, cleanliness etc. It's a 15L tub he's in and it just has a hide and a waterbowl, when i filled it up though and when to put him back in he completely freaked and wouldnt go in so i left him for 5 mins to check it out before putting him in there but he has been non stop freaking and trying to get out of the tub since, i've never used any different flooring so he is most probably just gettig used to it, but none the less i just wanted to ask is there any reason people usually use newspaper for the little guys as opposed to proper flooring??

It's cheap & easy to maintain I think would be the two biggest advantages of using newspaper.

Pretty much what Rob_N_Son said. Its easier to maintain and unless you are going for the looks, newspaper works just as well in my opinion.

I've never had any issues changing hatchies/juvies over to new substrates but maybe try covering a 1/4 of the click clack this will help the snake make the transition. But at the end of the day, you gotta go with what the snake wants, they are the one how have to live with it, and remember they don't really care how their tub looks

Yeah i know what you mean, he's never touched anything but paper/plastic though so i guess i understand why he's freakin! He's fine now though was just the first 15 mins kinda didnt know what to do haha! :) Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back