New Girl - Grey Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Just got a new female not long ago to hopefully one day pair with Grey. She's a beautiful big girl. Can't believe how heavy she is. Here's a few photos of her and my other South-west Carpet Pythons.

greyfemaleaps12.jpg
greyfemaleapss.jpg
The new girl.

greycoil1aps1.jpg
greycoiledagainaps2.jpg
greybranchflickraps1.jpg
Grey. I'm sure I've already posted these photos before, but wanted to lump them altogether.

PIxietonguebranch1aps.jpg
pixieheadbranchaps.jpg
pixiecoilbranchaps1.jpg
pixiecoilaps1.jpg
Pixie. The last photo is the more accurate representation of her colour. Although she does tend to change colours throughout the day.

Great photos, Oshkii. They show a wide variation in colours.

Thanks, they sure do. The female's not as grey as, well, Grey is. She appears to have a slight lilac tone. She also has a strange belly pattern, in my opinion anyway. I'll have to try and get some photos of it. Pixie on the other hand appears to change colour all the time. I'll have to wait until she matures.

Thanks, they sure do. The female's not as grey as, well, Grey is. She appears to have a slight lilac tone. She also has a strange belly pattern, in my opinion anyway. I'll have to try and get some photos of it. Pixie on the other hand appears to change colour all the time. I'll have to wait until she matures.
great snake so those pictures you took of her are from a samsung s6 if it is thas amazing

Some more pictures.

greyfemale4aps.jpg
greyfemale3aps.jpg

great snake so those pictures you took of her are from a samsung s6 if it is thas amazing

All of these photos were taken with a Canon EOS 400D.

Another one. Was originally a wild animal but was turned in because she was attacked by a dog, has a few broken ribs and scars. Was offered this girl on the premise that she wouldn't eat anything at all. Thought I would give it a go. She ended up eating a mouse and quail first night home.

anna3aps.jpg
anna1aps.jpg
anna2aps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting colours Oshkii, do you know what area it came from?

Locality's unknown. DPaW, or whatever they're calling themselves these days, are tight-lipped about that kind of information. I once saw a wild carpet that was sort of similar in the Shire of Gnowangerup, but she could come from anywhere. Their variation in colour and pattern's amazing. I'll probably only keep her until she's healthy, as I'm quite happy with my grey carpets.

Locality's unknown. DPaW, or whatever they're calling themselves these days, are tight-lipped about that kind of information. I once saw a wild carpet that was sort of similar in the Shire of GNOWANGERUP.
Come again. Is that seriously a real town.
Where is the thought process when naming towns? It reminds me of the American town named Mianus.

Come again. Is that seriously a real town.
Where is the thought process when naming towns? It reminds me of the American town named Mianus.
Have you travelled much of Australia? I've been around, across and from top to bottom some 54 times and there's some ridiculous town names including "Boing Boing" in the Northern Territory, "Bong Bong" in NSW, "Boyland" in QLD, "Broke" in NSW, "Cock Wash" in South Australia, "Cockburn" in Western Australia, "Chinaman's Knob" in Victoria, "Pimpinbudgie" in QLD, "Tittybong" in Victoria, "Tom Ugly" in NSW... Many of the funny town names are actually aboriginal names and some of the signs you see would leave you shaking your head in wonder.
The best would have to be the MacDonald's sign as you drive into the town of Yass, a town in the NSW Tablelands southwest of Sydney.
mcd-yass.jpg

:eek:

Yes, Gnowangerup's a real town. The name is Noongar. Its meaning is "place of Malleefowl". Cockburn is actually pronounced "Coe-burn".

There's a Cockburn here in SA, pronounced the same way. Not sure about "churching" it up, think it's more to do with the vagaries of the English language.
Edinburgh and Edithburgh. Why are they pronounced differently?

Regardless of the pronunciation, when people drive past that sign that says "Welcome to Cockburn" They see it exactly how it reads... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back