new here.. new to frogs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sphag

Not so new Member
Reaction score
style="width: 100%"
|-
| colspan="2" |
|-
| colspan="2" | hi guys, im new on the forum..
recently acquired 4 red eyed tree frogs and a dainty tree frog. the red eyes are from 2 different bloodlines and there is a proven breeding pair in there.
anyways, i have had them in an exo terra tank, which i thought was a little on the small side so i bought them a big exo terr tank. its about 3 foot long and two foot talee i think. great tank. i have set it up with a self contained waterfall in one corner, a big bromeliad and one corner and al sorts of ferns and bits and peices planted threw out the tank (its chockas, me being a nursery man. the plants are in pots with no fertaliser, and i have just chucked sphag moss as the bedding. for the lighting i have a repti one 2.0 uvb 15 watt tube, and the other side an exo terra natural light 2.0 that is sposed to stimulate plant growth, in a big reflector thingo. i also have a moonlight tube but i find the frogs wont come out with it on, to spite what the packaging says. friken waste of money that was.. but good for veiwing the tank during the evening. im not really sure how to feed them aswell as they wont eat if i tease them with a cricket at the end of some tweesers, but i just take the legs of the crickets and put them in a bowl in the tank and they go missing, and i usually find a frog in there. and help would be greatly appreciated, i really need everyones advice! cheers.. Mitch
|-

Attachments

• frog tank.jpg
    frog tank.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 174
hello and welcome to aps, niice set up

Hi it sounds like your set up pretty well. Your feeding method is fine but sometimes it can be hard to tell if all the frogs are getting some food. They are pretty greedy that way. Maybe you should persevere with the long tweezers, once they associate you with food they should come running.

yeah, tried again and i got 2 of them two eat a cricket and mealworm each. the two fatter ones wherent very active so they didnt take any food. hopefully soon. cheers

Red Eyes are pretty shy to begin with. Compared to GTFs, the Red Eyes seem to be more docile & not as active to watch. Usually the only sign of movement is the messy glass prints you see in the morning.

When I first got my Reds they actively showed they were hungry by all of them being wide awake, perched forward & literally watching the front doors to the viv for me. These days I just drop a handful of crickets in the viv & they disappear overnight. Also leave a little fruit of dog kibble in the viv for the crickets...so they don't snack on a sleeping frog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back