Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We recieved it today.May cop some flack over this but just some honest feed back.
The cover looks great,a couple of good articles,photography is great,but with about 20% of the mag wasted with non Herp Photographs and advertising i don't see how it is worth the cover price or even the reduced subscription price,once again looks great but not the dedicated herp magazine that was expected.

What was wrong with the non herp photos? I thought they were amazing. It was a showcase of David Northcroft. Every magazine need advertising to help pay for the production of the magazine.

Waterrat,we just did and we were diappointed.
abnrmal,as i said the photo's were great,but for such an expensive magazine we would have expected it to be full of Herp pics,looks more like National Geo rather than a Herp Journal.

Waterrat,we just did and we were diappointed.
abnrmal,as i said the photo's were great,but for such an expensive magazine we would have expected it to be full of Herp pics,looks more like National Geo rather than a Herp Journal.

Ever picked up an american herp magazine? Seems like the whole thing is advertising. Though I'm yet to look through this magazine, it appeared to be good value. I love the Herpetofauna Journals. Which don't have much in the way of pictures at all. Then there is the IRCF magazine which is just amazing with it's photography etc.... IRCF Membership - International Reptile Conservation Foundation

Snowman,yes i have and not impressed with them either,this is better quality,but for the $$$$$ paid in comparison for this we would have expected better.Herptofauna is a great publication which is full of information with minimal pics,which would have been fine or an even mix,aslong as it's herp related.

I received mine today and I'm with 'Dougs' looks great with some great pics but am alittle disappointed :(

Honestly If I wanted a magazine like an American Magazine I would buy one!

I must admit the cover looks fantastic and opening to the GTP article was great.... then it honestly it did seem like looking through a "Nat Geo" as stated above.
Outstanding photographs non the less. I'm Not overly impressed with the magazine i don't think its lived up to the hype its been plugged over the past couple weeks either.
I look forward to seeing the next issue and hopefully with some 'constructive' criticism and some more good strong interesting articles the magazine might be a success and be around for a while..... good luck with it. smithy.

Anyone who isn't happy with there copy send it to me. I was more then happy with my mag, and I will be happy with yours as well. I thought it was great.

we are happy to provide a full refund for those unhappy with the product, and you can keep the magazine that you are unhappy with (or you can give it to someone who likes it!).

People whinging it is like Nat geo.. Now I have to get me a subscription!
I would love a photography/herp/nature style mag. This may be just the thing.

LOL It just maybe, so very interested in seeing the next issue :)

I received my magazine today.... I have to say Shannon Plummer did a beautiful job of the cover photo.. outstanding.... makes for an impressive cover..... The mag has
absolutely stunning photography in it.... I have to agree with a few of the above comments though that as stunning as ALL the photos are, the only reason I buy a reptile magazine is purely for REPTILE related topics, products and pics only.... I love to look at nature pics but am not interested in purchasing them..... Im hoping that the Reptile Australasia team are willing to take constructive criticism on board and refocus the mag back to what it was originally intended to be.... To target a larger section of the reptile world and
bring
forward some amazing, never before published articles on our amazing reptiles of the world..... You will only get out of your mag what your prepared to put into it... It feels to me
that you didnt have enough great articles to fill it so it was topped up with non relevant photographs..... Fingers crossed your next edition will make up for this issues shortcomings.... I wish you well and hope that you get all that you deserve from your venture....

Last edited:
thankyou everybody for your comments. i think that if you liked the first issue, you will love future issues. if you were disappointed in the first issue, i am afraid your disappointment will probably continue.

as posted above, we are happy to refund monies paid to those who have been disappointed.

we will also replace all rain damaged copies.

Deb64, Toad and all you others, who said it was to be purely / only / exclusively reptile magazine? Deb: " refocus the mag back to what it was originally intended to be.... " What does the sub-title say Deb?
So, you say it's close to National Geographic ..... isn't the NG the best nature magazine of all? Constructive criticism?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today :D . I've only just got home from work, now I'm going to bed to do some reading. I think it looks fantastic, and why wouldn't it with my favourite friend being the editor. Well done Jamie, and the other people all involved.

Got mine today and well worth the wait.... I am very pleased it with, the pics are inspirational :D. I only ordered the first issue to "check it out", needless to say a subscription will now be coming RA's way from myself. I can't wait till the next issue.

I love the mag, my entire family has been amazed by the photography and my 7 year old has been practicing his reading skills and then informing everyone we know of all the new facts he's learnt.

Sending new copies for the rain damaged ones is awesome, a great mag and wonderful service, I couldn't ask for more.

Thanks guys

Waterrat,yes NG is the best,and yes i saw the sub title of the mag,but the title is Reptiles Australasia and thats what we would have expected,not photo's of bats,lions etc regardless of how good they are,and they are good,and as i said before,would have expected much better from such an expensive quarterly publication when you consider NG gives 12 issues for close to the price of 2 here.

If the magazine is full of excellent photography, will they ever publish articles on how to get your herp/wildlife photos looking as good? I'd be keen on that!

Waterrat,yes NG is the best,and yes i saw the sub title of the mag,but the title is Reptiles Australasia and thats what we would have expected,not photo's of bats,lions etc regardless of how good they are,and they are good,and as i said before,would have expected much better from such an expensive quarterly publication when you consider NG gives 12 issues for close to the price of 2 here.

Mate the rest of use are quite happy to pay for such an excellent magazine. I actually liked all the other non herp photos. I can't wait to see what fantastic photos they have in the next issue. It only seems to be very few of you that don't like the magazine. Neil has very kindly offered to refund any money spent, of you didn't like it. Not many people would offer a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back