New herper in Brisbane needs helpi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexandreRoux

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody !

I'm now arrived in Brisbane and this place is all new for me that's why I will be really pleased to meet some people and to herp with them.
I'm with a Working Holiday Visa, I think I'm going to live next to Norman Park and I don't have any car so you understand...

Of course if you want to help me to herp there and come on the field looking for reptiles I will be really happy !
I think there are some places I can go with my Go card but if you want to go with a car I'm ready to pay my part !

Let me know if you are interested, just mail me ([email protected]) or text me (+6170478684733).

Have a nice day !

Alexandre

if your paying, lets go to the Kimberleys

got your message Alexandre (your number here will be 0478684733)

I will be in contact shortly

I have Always wanted to go herping :p but no idea how to or where to...

I have Always wanted to go herping :p but no idea how to or where to...

Same here Drazzy.. At the moment I just wander around the Sunshine Coast and get excited whenever I happen to see something cool haha.. Best for me was a sea snake while kayaking :)

To the OP, if you ever visit noosa during your stay, happy to take you out on a few walks :)

Trying to make my yard more of a native habitat for native reptiles and amphibians, then I can herp in my own property line :p

oh yes forgot to mention to the OP I am SE Brisbane Suburbs.

I should start doing tours! 2 cans of mother and a bag of wingdings per person and you gotta deal!

If you want to herp in Brisbane, the walking trails around Mt Cootha won't disappoint. Been there many times and always see something reptilian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everybody and thanks for answer !

As I'm a backpacker looking for job, I will also be ready for a trip !
So maybe I'll ask some of you if I can come to herp one or 2 days (maybe with accomadation???).
[MENTION=17497]MrThumper[/MENTION]; We plan to go there tomorrow, what species have you seen there?
I've heard about Carpet python in the botanic garden?

Not so much carpet pythons, but green tree snakes are almost a certainty. When you walk through the indoor cactus shed you will see their shed skins hanging from the roof. You will also see an abundance of water dragons and water skinks.

Nice !
I'm moving there in the afternoon !
Until now, I've seen Water dragons (many many manyyyyyyy), Water skinks, Saw-shelled turtle and Asian house gecko in Brisbane city (and West End).

Looking for more informations on the web, I found a french post telling they saw a Varanus in the Coot-tha botanical garden !
http://rudyetsophie.en-escale.com/australie/brisbane-qld/mont-coot-tha_p14141.html

Last edited:
Bellbird Park out at Ipswich is good for a BBQ and herping. There's a resident Lacie there that always comes out to say hi!

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 66
If you go to Isa you can not only get wingdings but brocbombs also

First Cane toad yesterday...
Well, more interessant, I found a Green Tree Snake, very nice found !

If you want to herp in Brisbane, the walking trails around Mt Cootha won't disappoint. Been there many times and always see something reptilian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Only been there once ,saw loads or water dragons ,turtles and skinks . Amazingly also bumped into two lots of young people trying to take pics of scantily dressed young ladies . A bit weird for a public space .:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back